Topics

DCS Reflector Linking Issue

Dave N2OA

I'm starting a new thread specific to the issue that caused me to rebuild the repeater.

I could not connect to any DCS reflector and even rebuilding the repeater did not correct the issue.

I can connect to DPLUS and XReflectors
The ircddbgatewayd service is showing active and running
Looking at the ircddbgatwayd.log shows an error:
M: 2017-11-25 17:22:00: USER: N2OA     KD2FET B KD2FET G 199.190.197.242
M: 2017-11-25 17:22:08: Link command from KD2FET B to DCS006 B issued via UR Call by N2OA   
M: 2017-11-25 17:22:08: DCS006 B is unknown, ignoring link request

If I stop the service manually and restart, it works fine (This was the detail I should have observed before rebuilding) Once I reboot and the service restarts automatically I have the same issue until I manually stop/start the service again. 

It looks like the ircddbgatewayd daemon is starting before another required component but I don't see any errors to indicate this. 

This had been working fine for months so I'm not sure what changed, I haven't done any updates.
Is there a way to see what dependency is missing or maybe just delay the start of the ircddbgateway daemon with systemd or a config file edit?

Thanks,

Dave
N2OA

Dave N2OA

For anyone else that's having the issue I found how to delay the starting of the service. Edit the ircddbgatewayd.service file which is located in /lib/systemd/system and add the line ExecStartPre=/bin/sleep 15 so that the file appears as below. This will delay the start for 15 seconds which seems to be more than enough.

[Unit]
Description=D-STAR Gateway Daemon
After=network.target

[Service]
User=opendv
ExecStartPre=/bin/sleep 15
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/ircddbgatewayd
Restart=on-abort

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Dave
N2OA