Topics

Decoding FT8 #draws #ft-8 #wsjt-x

JT Croteau

Does the Pi 3B+ decode FT8 properly or should I wait on the Pi 4 for the faster CPU?  I'm getting mixed reports from other Raspberry groups.

I already have a DRAWS and just waiting to see how the Pi 4 testing continues.

Thanks
N1ESE

Jim Erickson

They all work fine on my Pi 3B+.  I also just did a ./prog_refresh.sh this morning and got the latest WSJT-X 2.1 installed.  Haven’t tried decoding FT-8 with the latest version, but has worked fine for me for previous versions.

73
VA7SHG/VE7TGZ

On Jul 16, 2019, at 09:04, JT Croteau <jt.tobit@...> wrote:

Does the Pi 3B+ decode FT8 properly or should I wait on the Pi 4 for the faster CPU?  I'm getting mixed reports from other Raspberry groups.

I already have a DRAWS and just waiting to see how the Pi 4 testing continues.

Thanks
N1ESE

DRAWS™ is decoding FT8 and other signals just fine on the Raspberry Pi 3 (B/B+) without even challenging CPU utilization.  If other groups are reporting problems, it may have more to do with the hardware they are using.

DRAWS™ is a purpose built system for amateur radio applications.

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 9:04 AM JT Croteau <jt.tobit@...> wrote:
Does the Pi 3B+ decode FT8 properly or should I wait on the Pi 4 for the faster CPU?  I'm getting mixed reports from other Raspberry groups.

I already have a DRAWS and just waiting to see how the Pi 4 testing continues.

Thanks
N1ESE
_._,_._,_
Kingston, WA
K7VE

JT Croteau

Thanks for the confirmation Jim and John.  I think I will get the 3B+ as I run completely off of solar power and the 3B+ will use less power than the 4.

73
N1ESE