Topics

DR!X AND UDRC2

Johnny
 
Edited

I'm gonna put this out again, because it is a problem for us that have two DR1X and two UDRC2 boards and would really like to make this work. Internet is not an option at the site, (Hardly even get a cell signal there), and the only way is to send TX audio to the site, is from my Hotspot,which is setup in GATEWAY mode. I am understanding now, that this system is more designed for sites that have internet, but I am hoping that we could modify the software, so that it would work for our situation. 
As I have mentioned in my last posts, URDC, locks on the RX, but it drops TX, while listening on reflector at times, untill the next guy starts talking. Hotspot never drops audio, while this is happening.
I think the RPT1 validation has something to do with this. We REALLY need this function to work, by NOT VALIDATING the rpt1. I believe that would cure our issue.
If UDRC would just simply pass any dstar signal that it hears, my hotspot will do what it designed for, and handle the correct rpt1 and rpt2 values. I do have a club callsign for our repeaters, and ircddb gateway does a great job of handeling this. 

 

The UDRC is a sound card plus gpio for keying or monitoring various pins on the repeater. 

The encoding and decoding of the modem tones to 1s and 0s happens in the dstarrepeater program. The dstarrepeater program controls the gpio pins and relays traffic to and from ircddbgateway. Ircddbgateway talks ok very the Internet to other gateways and reflectors. 

The software in dstarrepeater and ircddbgateway controls all communications and PTT logic. That is where the troubleshooting needs to take place, so long as audio levels are properly set for the UDRC to encode and decode the tones of the GMSK modem. 

On Jan 9, 2018 06:32, "Johnny" <w5pfr@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

I'm gonna put this out again, because it is a problem for us that have two DR1X and two UDRC2 boards and would really like to make this work. Internet is not an option at the site, (Hardly even get a cell signal there), and the only way is to send TX audio to the site, is from my Hotspot,which is setup in GATEWAY mode. I am understanding now, that this system is more designed for sites that have internet, but I am hoping that we could modify the software, so that it would work for our situation. 
As I have mentioned in my last posts, URDC, locks on the RX, but it drops TX, while listening on reflector at times, untill the next guy starts talking. Hotspot never drops audio, while this is happening.
I think the RPT1 validation has something to do with this. We REALLY need this function to work, by NOT VALIDATING the rpt1. I believe that would cure our issue.
If UDRC would just simply pass any dstar signal that it hears, my hotspot will do what it designed for, and handle the correct rpt1 and rpt2 values. I do have a club callsign for our repeaters, and ircddb gateway does a great job of handeling this. 

Johnny
 

I will check the audio levels again at my dvrptr board. I figured as long as my 880H and 4100 and 51, decodes, all is as well. Thanks for the reply and will keep you updated. Why then the rpt1 function dont work on udrc? When I set it to off, the repeater should pass whatever dstar signal it hears, regardless of what the local operators rpt1 is set to. Am I missing something here?
I hope you are not getting tired of me asking all these questions.
73 for now

 



On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 9:03 AM, Johnny <w5pfr@...> wrote:
I will check the audio levels again at my dvrptr board. I figured as long as my 880H and 4100 and 51, decodes, all is as well. Thanks for the reply and will keep you updated.
 
Why then the rpt1 function dont work on udrc? When I set it to off, the repeater should pass whatever dstar signal it hears, regardless of what the local operators rpt1 is set to.

The setting for the RPT1 function is in the software (dstarrepeater), the UDRC is a soundcard and GPIO pins, the logic is in the program, not the UDRC hat.

My suggestion is to use the pcrepeatercontroller and ircddbgateway groups on Yahoo! and leaving the UDRC out of the question, ask what are the proper settings to use 'gateway mode' with ircddbgateway and dstarrepeater.
 

Am I missing something here?
I hope you are not getting tired of me asking all these questions.
73 for now
_._,_._,_

--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   

Johnny
 

I understand the role of the UDRC as a soundcard, But I thought you guys have MODIFIED the dstarrepeater software to work with udrc.

 

Only in so far as which GPIO pin gets set for PTT, etc.  The PTT request comes from the dstarrepeater package. The controller for the GPIO on the Raspberry Pi (which is simply buffered through the UDRC card) is part of dstarrepeater and controlled by the logic in the software.

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 9:54 AM, Johnny <w5pfr@...> wrote:
I understand the role of the UDRC as a soundcard, But I thought you guys have MODIFIED the dstarrepeater software to work with udrc.




--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   

Johnny
 

This is a little late, but I just wanted to put out this screenshot of what happens when the repeater drops TX. As you can see the last few lines of, (Current DC Offset). is when there is no TX, But still showing RX, and then, the next person keys up and most everytime it starts to work ok.
I havent had much luck with any other groups regarding this problem with dstarrepeater software.