Topics

DRAWS downloadable Image? #draws #earlyadopters #setup #compassimage

August Johnson

The support page says:

Is there a prebuilt image for DRAWS?

The short answer is Yes.

Starting with delivery of the DRAWS HAT, a downloadable image will be available to run the DRAWS workstation.  It will contain the current version of Raspbian (Stretch) including preloaded DRAWS HAT driver and a selection of applications that have been compiled for and tested on the DRAWS platform.

I now have my DRAWS HAT delivered, where do I find this downloadable image?

Thanks,

August KG7BZ

Hi August,

The holidays caught us and we don't have the final alpha image ready yet.  However, you can get your DRAWS running with just a bit of work.

First, download http://archive.compasslinux.org/images/image_2018-11-18-compass.zip
Uncompress the image with a zip program
Burn it to a SD card using Etcher or other image copying program (dd on Linux for example)
Boot the image and edit /boot/config.txt and change the last line from dtoverlay=udrc to dtoverlay=draws
Save and reboot.

You should now have an image for DRAWS.

Verifying DRAWS and UDRC Hardware

When using Compass Linux, the command aplay -L will list the sound devices including your DRAWS or UDRC (DRAWS may show UDRC, the sound subsystem is the same).  You can also find the device under /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/hat by looking at the contents of the product file and vendor file.  On DRAWS, the GPS serial port is at /dev/ttySC0 and pulse per second device is at /dev/pps0.

Get the GPS running, if you have an antenna attached - see wiki page

Install chrony and direwolf
sudo apt-get install chrony direwolf

Simple, starter direwolf.conf
-----------------------------------------------------snip--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADEVICE plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0
ARATE 48000
ACHANNELS 2
#Port 0
CHANNEL 0
MYCALL CALLSIGN-1
MODEM 1200
PTT GPIO 12
#Port 1
CHANNEL 1
MYCALL CALLSIGN-2
MODEM 9600
PTT GPIO 23
AGWPORT 8000
KISSPORT 8001
TBEACON delay=1 sendto=0 every=10 overlay=S symbol="digi" power=5 height=20 gain=6 comment="DRAWS 0 1200" via=WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1
TBEACON delay=1 sendto=1 every=10 overlay=S symbol="digi" power=5 height=20 gain=6 comment="DRAWS 1 9600" via=WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1
DIGIPEAT 0 0 ^WIDE[3-7]-[1-7]$|^TEST$ ^WIDE[12]-[12]$ TRACE
DIGIPEAT 1 1 ^WIDE[3-7]-[1-7]$|^TEST$ ^WIDE[12]-[12]$ TRACE
DIGIPEAT 0 1 ^WIDE[3-7]-[1-7]$|^TEST$ ^WIDE[12]-[12]$ TRACE
DIGIPEAT 1 0 ^WIDE[3-7]-[1-7]$|^TEST$ ^WIDE[12]-[12]$ TRACE
#IGLOGIN YOUR INTERNET LOGIN AND PASSCODE FOR APRS REPORTING
IGLOGIN XXXX 0000
TBEACON sendto=IG delay=1 every=60:00 symbol="igate" overlay=R
IGTXLIMIT 6 10
GPSD localhost
-----------------------------------------------------------end snip---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simple starter chrony.conf (/etc/chrony/chrony.conf)
-----------------------------------------------------------snip----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
keyfile /etc/chrony/chrony.keys
driftfile /var/lib/chrony/chrony.drift
logdir /var/log/chrony
maxupdateskew 100.0
makestep 1 3
refclock SHM 0 refid GPS precision 1e-3 offset 0.5 delay 0.2 poll 3 trust require
refclock SHM 2 refid PPS precision 1e-9 poll 3 trust
----------------------------------------------------------end snip-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
script to set initial sound chip values, you may need to adjust for your radio (use alsamixer to tweak the levels)
----------------------------------------------------------snip-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#!/bin/bash

amixer -c udrc -s << EOF
#  Set input and output levels to 0dB
sset 'ADC Level' -2.0dB
sset 'LO Driver Gain' 0dB
sset 'PCM' 0.0dB

#  Turn on AFOUT
sset 'CM_L to Left Mixer Negative Resistor' '10 kOhm'
sset 'IN1_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor' '10 kOhm'

#  Turn on DISCOUT
sset 'CM_R to Right Mixer Negative Resistor' '10 kOhm'
sset 'IN1_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor' '10 kOhm'

#  Turn off unnecessary pins
sset 'IN1_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor' 'Off'
sset 'IN1_R to Left Mixer Positive Resistor' 'Off'
sset 'IN2_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor' 'Off'
sset 'IN2_L to Right Mixer Positive Resistor' 'Off'
sset 'IN2_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor' 'Off'
sset 'IN2_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor' 'Off'
sset 'IN3_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor' 'Off'
sset 'IN3_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor' 'Off'
sset 'IN3_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor' 'Off'
sset 'IN3_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor' 'Off'

sset 'Mic PGA' off
sset 'PGA Level' 0

# Disable and clear AGC
sset 'ADCFGA Right Mute' off
sset 'ADCFGA Left Mute' off
sset 'AGC Attack Time' 0
sset 'AGC Decay Time' 0
sset 'AGC Gain Hysteresis' 0
sset 'AGC Hysteresis' 0
sset 'AGC Max PGA' 0
sset 'AGC Noise Debounce' 0
sset 'AGC Noise Threshold' 0
sset 'AGC Signal Debounce' 0
sset 'AGC Target Level' 0
sset 'AGC Left' off
sset 'AGC Right' off

# Turn off High Power output
sset 'HP DAC' off
sset 'HP Driver Gain' 0
sset 'HPL Output Mixer L_DAC' off
sset 'HPR Output Mixer R_DAC' off
sset 'HPL Output Mixer IN1_L' off
sset 'HPR Output Mixer IN1_R' off

#  Turn on the LO DAC
sset 'LO DAC' on

#  Turn on AFIN
sset 'LOL Output Mixer L_DAC' on

#  Turn on TONEIN
sset 'LOR Output Mixer R_DAC' on
EOF
alsactl store
------------------------------------------------------------- end snip ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Install and configure other apps.
Watch for updates in the groups.io forums.

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 9:40 PM John D. Hays <john@...> wrote:
 You can also find the device under /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/hat by looking at the contents of the product file and vendor file.
Alternately, /proc/device-tree/hat

In the direwolf configuration
Channel 0 is the left DIN connector
Channel 1 is the right DIN connector

Xastir can be loaded and access the gpsd at localhost and the modem via AGWPE interface.

Jeff Marden

Hello John:

Update on the DRAWS Linux/Compass image availability?

Jeff Marden/N1JCM

It will be a bit, we will announce once it is ready. In the meantime the steps outlined earlier will give you a starting system.

Thanks.

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018, 20:40 Jeff Marden via Groups.Io <jmardensdl=netscape.net@groups.io wrote:
Hello John:

Update on the DRAWS Linux/Compass image availability?

Jeff Marden/N1JCM

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 09:40 PM, John D Hays - K7VE wrote:
sset 'ADC Level' -2.0dB
sset 'LO Driver Gain' 0dB
sset 'PCM' 0.0dB
When you create the script (put in ~/draws-setup.sh or similar) then you can execute it anytime you want to set values for the sound chip.  If you find you need to modify the 3 above values in alsamixer, just edit them in the shell script and keep for your radio.

Brian Badger

I have Direwolf running now, but I couldn't deduce which of these three parameters was "input sensitivity" -- instead I changed the impedance from 10 kOhm to 20kOhm to get the levels right.  What is the recommended procedure?

Is there any way to set these impedance values in software to get a Yaesu to stop muting audio?  I have no idea what pin causes a Yaesu to decide it is no longer going to output audio to the speaker, but I can't use it like this.  If I keep plugging and unplugging the mini-din I'm going to break the connector off the board.

Is there a way instead to enable the Raspberry Pi onboard audio and route the RX audio via mixer to it?
--
Brian N0KZ

Jack Spitznagel

Hi Brian,

My testbed FT-817 does the same muting (but I like it). I am listening to transmitted audio with a TH D74A. DRAWS receive audio was basically fine after I ran the bash script for setting up the soundcard. The system has run flawlessly with Xastir all evening. DRAWS makes the 817 key up and make noise (with the 9600 port volume at 70), but I still need to adjust the DRAWS transmit audio level and change the timing parameter (hangtime, etc) so my other APRS gear will decode it… something for tomorrow.

KD4IZ

Jack Spitznagel

FM19oo

I have Direwolf running now, but I couldn't deduce which of these three parameters was "input sensitivity" -- instead I changed the impedance from 10 kOhm to 20kOhm to get the levels right.  What is the recommended procedure?

Is there any way to set these impedance values in software to get a Yaesu to stop muting audio?  I have no idea what pin causes a Yaesu to decide it is no longer going to output audio to the speaker, but I can't use it like this.  If I keep plugging and unplugging the mini-din I'm going to break the connector off the board.

Is there a way instead to enable the Raspberry Pi onboard audio and route the RX audio via mixer to it?
--
Brian N0KZ

--
J Spitznagel
Science River LLC

Brian Badger

The muting is great for packet but once we get fldigi working I’m going to need that RX audio to find signals.  If we can’t do it in software then I’ll have to savage one of these cables to inline a switch.

All in all, very happy with draws so far.  The only complaint I have is the power connector.  Hopefully once I get a case built I’ll be able to mount a proper one on it (5mm barrel or powerpole)

Brian N0KZ

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 8:27 PM Brian Badger <brian@...> wrote:
I have Direwolf running now, but I couldn't deduce which of these three parameters was "input sensitivity" -- instead I changed the impedance from 10 kOhm to 20kOhm to get the levels right.  What is the recommended procedure?

Please leave the 10 KOhm settings in place.  ADC (Analog Digital) is the control for setting the level from the receiver.  In packet with Direwolf, you can tweak it until received signals are indicated around level 50 (using a reliable transmit source, a lot of people run their TNCs/Digipeaters hot).  The procedure is similar to what is described here https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/wiki/UDRC%E2%84%A2-For-Simplex-Hotspots-and-Converted-Analog-Repeaters#Troubleshooting

The example ~/my-setup-script.sh (see above link) should be very close for an FT-8x7

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 9:00 PM Brian Badger <brian@...> wrote:
The muting is great for packet but once we get fldigi working I’m going to need that RX audio to find signals.  If we can’t do it in software then I’ll have to savage one of these cables to inline a switch.

I find the waterfall on fldigi and wsjt-x work better than my ears for finding signals.

All in all, very happy with draws so far.  The only complaint I have is the power connector.  Hopefully once I get a case built I’ll be able to mount a proper one on it (5mm barrel or powerpole)

The idea of the pigtail is to be able to put whatever you want on the other end.  The 9-15 VDC input to the pigtail is the better way to power the DRAWS Hat and Pi, but they can also be powered off the 5.1 VDC 2.5+ A microUSB port on the Pi.

Brian N0KZ

Brian Badger

Perhaps I wasn’t clear.  My problem isn’t the type of power connector, but the fact that it bends the joints when connecting and disconnecting.

My pigtail now has soldered powerpole connectors and a beefy layer of shrink tubing.

On Nov 29, 2018, at 10:50 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 9:00 PM Brian Badger <brian@...> wrote:
The muting is great for packet but once we get fldigi working I’m going to need that RX audio to find signals.  If we can’t do it in software then I’ll have to savage one of these cables to inline a switch.

I find the waterfall on fldigi and wsjt-x work better than my ears for finding signals.

All in all, very happy with draws so far.  The only complaint I have is the power connector.  Hopefully once I get a case built I’ll be able to mount a proper one on it (5mm barrel or powerpole)

The idea of the pigtail is to be able to put whatever you want on the other end.  The 9-15 VDC input to the pigtail is the better way to power the DRAWS Hat and Pi, but they can also be powered off the 5.1 VDC 2.5+ A microUSB port on the Pi.

Brian N0KZ

art upton

Hi John, I don't wish to use Compass when all my other Pis are running Jesse or Stretch. I didn't on my UDRC-II either; instead I followed a guide on setting up the UDRC drivers and verifying them with Aplay on Jesse . Then I used D-star repeater and it all works with my DR-1x.

I should be able to to the same thing with the DRAWS,m ie not using Compass Linux;  but I cannot find the webpage that had those instructions anymore. Was it ported to Groups.IO someplace?  It used to be on the NW website in my faulty memory.

Let me know where my faults in my memory lay , hi hi.  Art

Hi Art,

The current version of Compass is stretch with a couple of updates and configuration changes.  It is not like the early versions of Compass which required a kernel change. Not all documentation is prepared yet, so there is no page explaining how to add what is needed to stretch - however if you install as stated in https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/message/2023 you will have a stretch install with the addons.

Early adoption is a bit leading edge and thus some details will follow later.  Many folks already have up and running systems.

On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 2:53 PM art upton via Groups.Io <artupton=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi John, I don't wish to use Compass when all my other Pis are running Jesse or Stretch. I didn't on my UDRC-II either; instead I followed a guide on setting up the UDRC drivers and verifying them with Aplay on Jesse . Then I used D-star repeater and it all works with my DR-1x.

I should be able to to the same thing with the DRAWS,m ie not using Compass Linux;  but I cannot find the webpage that had those instructions anymore. Was it ported to Groups.IO someplace?  It used to be on the NW website in my faulty memory.

Let me know where my faults in my memory lay , hi hi.  Art

art upton

On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 06:01 PM, John D Hays - K7VE wrote:
opti
Ok, thanks. I think I found the compass page that lets me load the drivers into an existing image, I have to add these to my apt-get repository to  allow me to install udrc-dkms into it.
I'll let you know if it works.

art upton

Thanks John. I took your advice and used this image rather then build to an existing image without the add ones. I got the UDRC hardware seen for audio and the GPSD and GPS Monitor working just fine reading out GPS data and setup chrony.

Now to build FLdigi and JS8call ;)

Art

art upton

Hi folks, wonder if anyone else ran into this?
Built FlDigi and installed JS8Call. Before I ran the SH script to set DAC levels, I had perfect TX tones on PSK31 and JS8call but no receive audio.
After running the SH script to set DAC levels , I get TX low level background noise only in the transmitted audio;  and still no RX audio into FLdigi or JS8Call.
Have set FlDigi capture and playback to UDRC hw-0,0  and also default to test. Both same results.

This is tested on both my FT-891 and FT-817 in data modes. CAT control was easy as I had set that up before on "other" PI and Tinker Boards before.
Plugging in my Signal Link into the Pi/radio(s) the audio TX/RX is perfect from USB Audio Codec.

Opened Alsa Mixer and moved the UDRC Capture and playback ADC levels, nothing changes at all.
I am using the left 6-pin connector on the Draws board as specified by the board detail pic.  Switched to the right to test to make sure. Used both supplied cables to make sure one was not bad.

Here is the Image and Alsa  details from the download like at the top of the post:
Fldigi Runtime information:
  system         : Linux DRAWS 4.14.79-v7+ #1159 SMP Sun Nov 4 17:50:20 GMT 2018 armv7l

  libraries      : libsamplerate-0.1.8 (c) 2002-2008 Erik de Castro Lopo
                   libsndfile-1.0.27
                   PortAudio V19.6.0-devel, revision 396fe4b6699ae929d3a685b3ef8a7e97396139a4 1246720
                   Pulseaudio 10.0.0
aplay -L
null
default
sysdefault:CARD=udrc
    udrc,
    Default Audio Device
dmix:CARD=udrc,DEV=0
    udrc,
    Direct sample mixing device
dsnoop:CARD=udrc,DEV=0
    udrc,
    Direct sample snooping device
hw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0
    udrc,
    Direct hardware device without any conversions
plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0
    udrc,
    Hardware device with all software conversions
aplay -l
card 0: udrc [udrc], device 0: Universal Digital Radio Controller tlv320aic32x4-hifi-0 []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
sudo ./setdac.sh
Simple mixer control 'ADC Level',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 64
  Front Left: 20 [31%] [-2.00dB]
  Front Right: 20 [31%] [-2.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'LO Driver Gain',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 35
  Front Left: 6 [17%] [0.00dB]
  Front Right: 6 [17%] [0.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'PCM',0
  Capabilities: pvolume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 175
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 127 [73%] [0.00dB]
  Front Right: Playback 127 [73%] [0.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'CM_L to Left Mixer Negative Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: '10 kOhm'
Simple mixer control 'IN1_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: '10 kOhm'
Simple mixer control 'CM_R to Right Mixer Negative Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: '10 kOhm'
Simple mixer control 'IN1_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: '10 kOhm'
Simple mixer control 'IN1_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN1_R to Left Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN2_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN2_L to Right Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN2_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN2_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN3_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN3_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN3_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN3_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'Mic PGA',0
  Capabilities: pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback [off]
  Front Right: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'PGA Level',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 95
  Front Left: 0 [0%] [0.00dB]
  Front Right: 0 [0%] [0.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'ADCFGA Right Mute',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'ADCFGA Left Mute',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Attack Time',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 31
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Decay Time',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 31
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Gain Hysteresis',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 3
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Hysteresis',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 3
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Max PGA',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 127
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Noise Debounce',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 31
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Noise Threshold',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 31
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Signal Debounce',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 15
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Target Level',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 7
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Left',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Right',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'HP DAC',0
  Capabilities: pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback [off]
  Front Right: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'HP Driver Gain',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 35
  Front Left: 0 [0%] [-6.00dB]
  Front Right: 0 [0%] [-6.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'HPL Output Mixer L_DAC',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'HPR Output Mixer R_DAC',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'HPL Output Mixer IN1_L',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'HPR Output Mixer IN1_R',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'LO DAC',0
  Capabilities: pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback [on]
  Front Right: Playback [on]
Simple mixer control 'LOL Output Mixer L_DAC',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [on]
Simple mixer control 'LOR Output Mixer R_DAC',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [on]

Hi Art,

Yes I know what the problem is.

DRAWS has an analog mixer in the Front-End to switch between Discriminator on Line-In 1, which is typically used on VHF/UHF Rigs and Audio on Line In 2 which HF Rigs use.

To switch the input in alsamixer set IN1_L to off and IN2_l to 10 kohm
It’s the same for the right channel

Bryan K7UDR

On Dec 3, 2018, at 3:10 PM, art upton via Groups.Io <artupton@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Bryan, will do and report. Art