Topics

DRAWS FT817 no TX audio

Ken Myers

Hi.  Im have set up my DRAWS hat/FT817 according to "temporarily Offline" youtube video.

Install good
WSJT-X good
CAT good\ - PTT band change etc.
RX good - waterfall/decode etc great.
I set my WSJT-X audio to in/out toplughwCARD=udrc.DEV=0
Seems my only problem is audio from HAT to FT817 as while rig goes to TX, no audio drive.
Radio is all OK as I use it for Win/FT8 SSB etc.

I do not know where to look for audio output drive adjust on the Pi/HAT/WSJT-X steup

I am new to all this and learning.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Ken VK4GC

Did you try DRAWS ™ Manager?

You may want to also do a factory reset on the radio.

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019, 18:17 Ken Myers <ken.vk4gc@...> wrote:
Hi.  Im have set up my DRAWS hat/FT817 according to "temporarily Offline" youtube video.

Install good
WSJT-X good
CAT good\ - PTT band change etc.
RX good - waterfall/decode etc great.
I set my WSJT-X audio to in/out toplughwCARD=udrc.DEV=0
Seems my only problem is audio from HAT to FT817 as while rig goes to TX, no audio drive.
Radio is all OK as I use it for Win/FT8 SSB etc.

I do not know where to look for audio output drive adjust on the Pi/HAT/WSJT-X steup

I am new to all this and learning.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Ken VK4GC

Richard Waller

Ken, did you look at Draws manager? That has output adjustments . Also the power slider on the right of the wsjt-x screen can be adjusted. Rick. Ka4ohm

On Jul 18, 2019, at 7:34 PM, Ken Myers <ken.vk4gc@...> wrote:

Hi.  Im have set up my DRAWS hat/FT817 according to "temporarily Offline" youtube video.

Install good
WSJT-X good
CAT good\ - PTT band change etc.
RX good - waterfall/decode etc great.
I set my WSJT-X audio to in/out toplughwCARD=udrc.DEV=0
Seems my only problem is audio from HAT to FT817 as while rig goes to TX, no audio drive.
Radio is all OK as I use it for Win/FT8 SSB etc.

I do not know where to look for audio output drive adjust on the Pi/HAT/WSJT-X steup

I am new to all this and learning.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Ken VK4GC

LA9KOA - Karl

What is the mode of your 817 while TX?
I think it should be "DIG", otherwise it might not use sound input from the data port on back.

You can set this up from WSJT-X by choosing USB-D (can't remember exact description now)
Choosing USB for mode could make the radio take sound input from mic and not from data port.

William McKeehan

I've found that I need to run the `setalsa-ft817.sh` script that was
included in the ~/bin directory, after that, I opened the DRAWS
Manager and changed the Input from Receiver Signal Source to "DISC
(pin4)" to get my 817 to work as expected with the hat. YMMV

--
William
KI4HDU