Topics

#draws #gps #time #1pps #FrequencyReference #draws #gps #time #1pps #frequencyreference

Konrad Roeder -- WA4OSH

I'm interested in using DRAWS to drive my FT-818ND for digital applications up in the microwave bands Eg. 904, 1296, 2304 MHz, etc (FT8, JS8CALL, etc) as well as a precise frequency reference for my LO.  I understand that a DRAWS has a GPS on board with a 1pps reference for NTP.  Is that 1PPS signal available for a frequency reference so that it can be used as a GPSDO with some additional parts?  I'm currently using a Leo Bodnar Mini Precision GPS Reference clock to generate very stable reference frequencies between 400Hz and 810MHz.  Eg.  1296 MHz = 2x576MHz + 144 MHz.   A stable LO is essential for working up on the microwave bands.  I just don't want two GPSs in my transverter.

Ideas?

--Konrad, WA4OSH

No GPSDO is implemented

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019, 12:23 Konrad Roeder -- WA4OSH <konrad.roeder@...> wrote:

I'm interested in using DRAWS to drive my FT-818ND for digital applications up in the microwave bands Eg. 904, 1296, 2304 MHz, etc (FT8, JS8CALL, etc) as well as a precise frequency reference for my LO.  I understand that a DRAWS has a GPS on board with a 1pps reference for NTP.  Is that 1PPS signal available for a frequency reference so that it can be used as a GPSDO with some additional parts?  I'm currently using a Leo Bodnar Mini Precision GPS Reference clock to generate very stable reference frequencies between 400Hz and 810MHz.  Eg.  1296 MHz = 2x576MHz + 144 MHz.   A stable LO is essential for working up on the microwave bands.  I just don't want two GPSs in my transverter.

Ideas?

--Konrad, WA4OSH

The 1PPS Signal is on IO7, Pin 26 on the 40 pin header if you have an Oscillator with 1PPS Sync input.

Bryan K7UDR