DRAWS viability

Patrick Bouldin KM5L

HI, a friend sent me a two year old youtube link on this topic. We are an EMCOM group in Texas looking for a solid solution for Winlink. We want a solution that is cost-effective, but also hardened so that the majority of users don't have to be linux admins, if you know what I mean. Is this viable for that purpose?  Other than this group, I don't see a lot of chatter on the web for it, just here and there.

If this is viable, has anyone written a KISS document for jump starting?

73,
Patrick KM5L

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

As a user of the DRAWS and PiGate system, I would say Yes, this is a viable system.

I built a system with two radios linked  to the Pi and DRAWS.  In is setup for Sending and receiving email via Winlink or Peer to Peer.  The other is setup to use the XASTIR ARPS program (admittedly nor tested for full APRS function but it receives the local packets).  That same radio is available for voice.

I also use the KM4ACK Build-A-Pi setup with my HF rig in my Go Box. I wanted to try taht path and it works well.

Ed, KD9FRQ