Topics

Dstar Repeater Software

Johnny

The option in the Dstar Repeater software regarding the (RPT 1 Validation) settings. I have had it on and off, but it doesnt make any difference as far as letting the repater just pass the signal. I'm not able to have internet at the repeater site, so I am hoping to just let the repeater pass the Dstar signal, (no matter of what the rpt 1 settings on the users radio will be). Its only pasing it, if it sees a Valid RPT 1 data, even if the validation is set to Off.!!.
I am trying to feed it my dstar gateway hotspot from the house, and the software (dstarrepeater) on the UDRC2 does not like what its hearing from my gateway, and will not pass it. I am sending it the correct RPT 1 data,( Just like my settings in my HT),  from my hotspot, but still no luck. My Hotspot is running on G2-ircddb software, and been running great for the past 4 years. I used two GM300 connected together with a DRC board, in which it just simply passed whatever Dstar signal it heard.
My question comes down to, Is there anyway to manipulate the Dstar repeater program on the UDRC to just let it pass any Dstar signal, regardless of the valid RPT 1 data?
I am using the udrc with yeasu dr1x and its working great for local usage. Users are having to set their RPT 1 settings correctly, in order to go through the repeater at this time.
Thanks in advance
w5pfr

Brad NK8J

did you try to re-tune it so it decodes it properly? also you might want to find the G3 software as it has been propagating thru the DSTAR network

On 12/18/2017 9:26 AM, Johnny wrote:
[...]

It has no problem decoding the local users. And as for G3, I dont think its available for anyine to download. I thought you suppose to have an Icom Dstar repeater and controller, connected to a PC, in order to be able to update the Icom repeater software. I am homebrew here and just trying to feed my hotspot to the repeater, in which is almost about 8 miles away. I dont have any signal issue, because I know that I can use my hotspot,( which is in half duplex mode) at least 10 miles from the house with my mobile. The antenna of the hotspot is almost at 65 feet and the repater is up at 500 feet, so the coverage and signal is there, its just the software of the udrc dstar repeater thats not liking my hotspot output. The UDRC is not connected to any internet at the repeater site. There is no internet there, and the UDRC is stand alone, connected to the DR1X, and running the Dstar repeater software. There is no IRCDDB running on the udrc, because it wont have any use, since there is no internet. I did try running ircddb also with the dstarrepeater, and it didnt make any difference.

Hi Johnny,

 In the manual in files/Documentation in the pcrepeatercontroller group called "D-Star Repeater-ENG.pdf" you will find information about "Gateway Mode" which is what you are attempting to do.  (Be aware of callsigns in use.)

Johnny

Thanks john. I'm running two modules, Two DR1X repeaters, and each have their own UDRC board, so I was looking at the maryland dstar image and was gonna try that and see how that would do as a gateway for both of my modules. I'll be running the DVRPTR v1 for my C module and moancom board for my B module. Hopefully that would work, on one Pi3. If it all works out, I'll update here.
73
w5pfr

Johnny

John, I was wondering if I am suppose to be running the IRCDDB gateway software, along side of the Dstar Repeater on the UDRC board? AS we have discussed before, I'm just running the dstarrepeater software only, and ofcourse it is in DUPLEX mode with all the information regarding the repeater callsign and etc, with the udrc, since there is no internet at the site.

No need for ircddbgateway at repeater site, if no Internet there.

On Dec 19, 2017 13:03, "Johnny" <w5pfr@...> wrote:
John, I was wondering if I am suppose to be running the IRCDDB gateway software, along side of the Dstar Repeater on the UDRC board? AS we have discussed before, I'm just running the dstarrepeater software only, and ofcourse it is in DUPLEX mode with all the information regarding the repeater callsign and etc, with the udrc, since there is no internet at the site.

Johnny

John, I finally got the GATEWAY function working via my hotspot at home. The repeater starts to repeat what its hearing, but, most everytime, it likes to drop one side of the conversation on the reflector. I have two radios running, one on the output of the hotspot and the other on the repeater, and I am watching the screen on the DR1X. The hotspot still transmitting audio, and the repeater is in RX mode, but drops the TX, untill the next guy starts talking. It is not a timeout issue, on the converstaion, and I have noticed that it does struggle to accept the INFO or ECHO or Unlink commands.
I used my ID51 and 880H, and it didint make any difference, and both radios have no problem communicating with my hotspot. Hotspot is a simple G4KLX Dstarrepeater and Ircddb gateway, in Gateway mode, with a dvrptr v1, and I did play with the delay and tx audio levels on dvrptr, and didnt make any difference.
I have tried to set the udrc's dstarrepeater software to NOT validate the RPT1 parameters, but I honestly believe that maybe this future is not working in the software. Why cant the UDRC be set up in a way, so that it would only pass the Dstar signal, no matter what the RPT1 and RPT2 valuses are, and Let the Hotspot handle that part of program. By having this capabilitiy, I believe, lots of repeaters out there, that cant have internet at their site, would be able to recieve gateway, from a distant station, that is setup for that. Since the Dstarrepeater software has the option for RPT1 validation on or off, would make this to work as it was designed for.
Thanks in advance
johnny