Topics

Echolink install on Raspi3 and UDRC II with Direwolf from n7nix

debbaut.wim@...

Edited

Hi fellow OM,

Our APRS setup with the UDRC II and the DR-1X is running fine at the moment. All APRS signals around Brussels/Leuven are well digipeated. Thanks for all support and nice documentation.

Now it is time to setup the Echolink service on the Raspi 3, together with the Direwolf software installed by N7NIX scripts. As per https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/echolink, I get the following errors in doing the apt-get install :
E: Failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/pool/main/i/imagemagick/imagemagick-common_6.8.9.9-5+deb8u11_all.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 93.93.128.193 80]
E: Failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/pool/main/i/imagemagick/libmagickcore-6.q16-2_6.8.9.9-5+deb8u11_armhf.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 93.93.128.193 80]
E: Failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/pool/main/i/imagemagick/libmagickwand-6.q16-2_6.8.9.9-5+deb8u11_armhf.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 93.93.128.193 80]
E: Failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/pool/main/i/imagemagick/imagemagick-6.q16_6.8.9.9-5+deb8u11_armhf.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 93.93.128.193 80]
E: Failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/pool/main/i/imagemagick/imagemagick_6.8.9.9-5+deb8u11_armhf.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 93.93.128.193 80]
E: Failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/pool/main/i/imagemagick/libmagickcore-6.q16-2-extra_6.8.9.9-5+deb8u11_armhf.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 93.93.128.193 80]
Normally, one would do an apt-get update, but as pointed-out  as a note at the beginning of this article, one risks to lose the UDRC firmware on the Compass linux.
What should I do in order to continue the install of Echolink and his dependencies ? It has no sense in continuing once not all prerequisites for EchoLink are met.

Best 73s de ON3ZOE, Wim.

To be on the safe side, backup your SD Card, but then you should be able to do the update / upgrade. (This was an early caution, but it should be fine now.)

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 8:50 AM, <debbaut.wim@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

[...]

Tnx John,

  • the update went well and svxlink is installed now
  • we are waiting for the D Sub 15 pin 3 row connectors to straigth wire the UDRC ii and the I/O port of the DR-1X
  • the standard configurations are being made on the svxlink.conf and ModuleEchoLink.conf
As soon as the repeater is attached, I will let the users from the forum know if all went well to simultaneously use echolink and aprs with the two channel ports on the UDRC ii board
Looking forward to it !

73s de on3zoe,
Wim.

Bjorn Pehrson

Hi Wim,

I would be interested to know what repeater you connected and if all went well to simultaneously use svxlink/echolink and direwolf/aprs on an RPi with Draws.
Did you install and configure svxlink/echolink independently of the Draws software or are there any interdependencies?

Thanks and 73
sa0bxi