Topics

Kenwood 707, 2m #draws

Douglas

I am trying to use the draws with my dual band 2m/70cm 707 and js8 call.  Can someone point me in the direction of setting this up?

Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...>

I just did a quick google search for images of the radio and this one has no serial, usb or control cable hookups.  Looks like you'll have to make your own cable and connect to mic and headphone jacks.

Does this radio support VOX or any PTT circuit?

- Steve

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 12:18 AM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
I am trying to use the draws with my dual band 2m/70cm 707 and js8 call.  Can someone point me in the direction of setting this up?

Douglas

On the front to the left it has a 6 pin port like the ports on the draws.

KI7LIK
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch

On Tue, May 7, 2019, 07:16 Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...> wrote:
I just did a quick google search for images of the radio and this one has no serial, usb or control cable hookups.  Looks like you'll have to make your own cable and connect to mic and headphone jacks.

Does this radio support VOX or any PTT circuit?

- Steve

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 12:18 AM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
I am trying to use the draws with my dual band 2m/70cm 707 and js8 call.  Can someone point me in the direction of setting this up?

Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...>

Ah... Kenwood makes at least two 707 models, I was looking at the 'base station', not the 'mobile' model.

Do the pin outs match the DRAWS pinouts?

Do you have a way to VOX/PTT?

- Steve

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 11:01 AM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
On the front to the left it has a 6 pin port like the ports on the draws.

KI7LIK
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch

On Tue, May 7, 2019, 07:16 Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...> wrote:
I just did a quick google search for images of the radio and this one has no serial, usb or control cable hookups.  Looks like you'll have to make your own cable and connect to mic and headphone jacks.

Does this radio support VOX or any PTT circuit?

- Steve

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 12:18 AM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
I am trying to use the draws with my dual band 2m/70cm 707 and js8 call.  Can someone point me in the direction of setting this up?

If the TM-G707 -- see page 62.  It also has the levels that you would plug into DRAWS™ Manager to get the values for setting the input values for the radio.

http://manual.kenwood.com/files/TM-G707-English.pdf

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 9:14 AM Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...> wrote:
[...]

I get much less errors, now I get the following:

1:  Error in Sound Input
       Requested Input audio format is not supported on device.
2:  Rig Control Error
       Hamlib error:  IO error while testing getting current VFO

Please point me in the direction that i need to go now.

Douglas

Under the input device settings, which one should i use?  I can't seem to get the correct one.  Also, how would I adjust the alsa settings manual for the draws?

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019, 19:00 Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
Under the input device settings, which one should i use?  I can't seem to get the correct one.  Also, how would I adjust the alsa settings manual for the draws?

Douglas

Thank you.  draws manager is setup and I put the settings in for the 500 mv setting for the kenwood tm 707.  I am still having the issue with input device and rig control errors.