Topics

lost audio output on draws hat #draws

okiejim

I have lost my audio output. I noticed I was no longer showing up on aprs.fi. I just started using beta13. I went to ft-8 to use tone on 2m fm. I can not hear a tone on my other rig. PTT is fine and radio is keyed up. I hear that on other rig. I have attached my showudrc.sh file.  I see dmesg showing codec not registering is this what is wrong?

[Typos corrected]

Basil Gunn

I will comment after I see your showudrc.sh console output. Please attach.
/Basil

okiejim <kd6vpe@...> writes:

I have lost my audio output. I noticed I was no longer showing up on
aprs.fi. I just started using beta13. I went to ft-8 to use tone on 2m
fm. I can not hear a tone on my other rig. PTT is fine and radio is
keyed up. I hear that on other rig. I have attached my showudrc.sh
file. I see dmesg showing codec not registering is this what is wrong?

okiejim

Sorry I guess the attachment did not work yesterdat

okiejim <kd6vpe@...> writes:

> I have lost my audio output. I noticed I was no longer showing up on
> aprs.fi. I just started using beta13. I went to ft-8 to use tone on 2m
> fm. I can not hear a tone on my other rig. PTT is fine and radio is
> keyed up. I hear that on other rig. I have attached my showudrc.sh
> file. I see dmesg showing codec not registering is this what is wrong?

Basil Gunn

Hi,

Your console output of showudrc.sh shows the device is running as expected.

Which radio are you using (Yaesu FT-847?)
Are you using the 2M/440 radio in that radio?
Assuming you are, check the direwolf/ax25 status, run this command
from your console

ax25-status

Send me the console output. All processes should read RUNNING and
ENABLED

If they are not then run

ax25-start

Send me the console output of this as well.

I am not sure about the FT-847 but on the FT-817 I tested I had to
remove the squelch pin (pin 6) on the mDin6 connector but that was for
HF SSB AFSK operation.

I have lost my audio output.
Just to be clear I am assuming you are talking about the DRAWS audio
codec and not the on-board RPi audio codec?

/Basil

okiejim <kd6vpe@...> writes:

I have lost my audio output. I noticed I was no longer showing up on
aprs.fi. I just started using beta13. I went to ft-8 to use tone on 2m
fm. I can not hear a tone on my other rig. PTT is fine and radio is
keyed up. I hear that on other rig. I have attached my showudrc.sh
file. I see dmesg showing codec not registering is this what is wrong?

okiejim

Thank you Basil,e
I will look into the pin 6 issue further then. Last night I did get it to send a tone from FT-8 screen with the tone button. I only saw it on the radio. Was not able to verify it send anything but I'm pretty sure it did. This was a one time shot though. The next time I hit the button no output. Had to restart software and radio and it went once. Might just be the SQL. I will try somemore today. I really is most likely me. These new things take awhile for me to comprehend these days. I also tried to get the flrig gui to come up but unsuccessful with that. FLdigi  comes up. What have I missed here?

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 2:14 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

Hi,

Your console output of showudrc.sh shows the device is running as expected.

Which radio are you using (Yaesu FT-847?)
Are you using the 2M/440 radio in that radio?
Assuming you are, check the direwolf/ax25 status, run this command
from your console

ax25-status

Send me the console output. All processes should read RUNNING and
ENABLED

If they are not then run

ax25-start

Send me the console output of this as well.

I am not sure about the FT-847 but on the FT-817 I tested I had to
remove the squelch pin (pin 6) on the mDin6 connector but that was for
HF SSB AFSK operation.

> I have lost my audio output.

Just to be clear I am assuming you are talking about the DRAWS audio
codec and not the on-board RPi audio codec?

/Basil

> Sorry I guess the attachment did not work yesterdat
>
> On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 4:27 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:
>

>> I will comment after I see your showudrc.sh console output. Please attach.
>> /Basil
>>
>> okiejim <kd6vpe@...> writes:
>>
>> > I have lost my audio output. I noticed I was no longer showing up on
>> > aprs.fi. I just started using beta13. I went to ft-8 to use tone on 2m
>> > fm. I can not hear a tone on my other rig. PTT is fine and radio is
>> > keyed up. I hear that on other rig. I have attached my showudrc.sh
>> > file. I see dmesg showing codec not registering is this what is wrong?

okiejim

I tried to apt-get insall flrig and it says already installed. When I try the Icon it does not start. When I try flrig from command line i get
flrig: error while loading shared libraries: libjped.so.9: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 9:24 AM okiejim via Groups.Io <kd6vpe=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thank you Basil,e
I will look into the pin 6 issue further then. Last night I did get it to send a tone from FT-8 screen with the tone button. I only saw it on the radio. Was not able to verify it send anything but I'm pretty sure it did. This was a one time shot though. The next time I hit the button no output. Had to restart software and radio and it went once. Might just be the SQL. I will try somemore today. I really is most likely me. These new things take awhile for me to comprehend these days. I also tried to get the flrig gui to come up but unsuccessful with that. FLdigi  comes up. What have I missed here?

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 2:14 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

Hi,

Your console output of showudrc.sh shows the device is running as expected.

Which radio are you using (Yaesu FT-847?)
Are you using the 2M/440 radio in that radio?
Assuming you are, check the direwolf/ax25 status, run this command
from your console

ax25-status

Send me the console output. All processes should read RUNNING and
ENABLED

If they are not then run

ax25-start

Send me the console output of this as well.

I am not sure about the FT-847 but on the FT-817 I tested I had to
remove the squelch pin (pin 6) on the mDin6 connector but that was for
HF SSB AFSK operation.

> I have lost my audio output.

Just to be clear I am assuming you are talking about the DRAWS audio
codec and not the on-board RPi audio codec?

/Basil

> Sorry I guess the attachment did not work yesterdat
>
> On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 4:27 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:
>

>> I will comment after I see your showudrc.sh console output. Please attach.
>> /Basil
>>
>> okiejim <kd6vpe@...> writes:
>>
>> > I have lost my audio output. I noticed I was no longer showing up on
>> > aprs.fi. I just started using beta13. I went to ft-8 to use tone on 2m
>> > fm. I can not hear a tone on my other rig. PTT is fine and radio is
>> > keyed up. I hear that on other rig. I have attached my showudrc.sh
>> > file. I see dmesg showing codec not registering is this what is wrong?

Basil Gunn

Hi Jim,

My apologies for the slow response. There will be days or weeks this
summer where I will be unable to respond to the forum since I will be
hiking & camping, etc.

When you have a new problem it is better if you start a new thread in
the forum rather than replying to the last message you sent. Also
please include your console output along with a description of your
problem. Providing the console output of running flrig from the command
line would have been helpful.

I can't find any reference to libjped.so.9. I think you mean
libjpeg.so.9.

If you search the groups.io udrc forum for libjpeg you will find your
answer.

https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/message/3285?p=,,,20,0,0,0::relevance,,libjpeg,20,2,0,31250917

I tried to apt-get insall flrig and it says already installed.
Most of the HF apps either do NOT have a package or have a very stale
version that you can install. They are updated by their authors often &
I have a script that tracks their version to keep your RPi image current
with the latest changes for those programs. You can see which programs
I build from source here:

https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/docs/IMAGE_README.md

If you want to check that your installed HF programs are current then run:

prog_refresh.sh -c

js8call: current version: 1.0.1, installed: 1.0.1
wsjtx: current version: 2.0.1, installed: 2.0.1
Library: libflxmlrpc IS loaded.
flxmlrpc: current version: 0.1.4, installed: 0.1.4
fldigi: current version: 4.1.03, installed: 4.1.03
flrig: current version: 1.3.45, installed: 1.3.45
flmsg: current version: 4.0.8, installed: 4.0.8
flamp: current version: 2.2.04, installed: 2.2.04
xastir: current version: 2.1.1, installed: 2.1.1
gp_verchk.sh: Detected gpsd package.
gpsd: current version: 3.18.1, installed: 3.18.1

If you want to update the HF programs then run

prog_refresh.sh -u

This script could take a very long time (hours) depending upon how many
programs will be updated ie. built form source. If you have problems
please cut & paste all of the console output in an email to me.

/Basil