New 12v setup

K3VIN

Here is a photo of my new setup running off of a 14ah battery. I was running the 817 with 2.5 watts.

The only thing left is a monitor dedicated to the Pi so I don't have to VNC into it.

Kevin, K3VIN

Basil Gunn

Kevin,

Thanks for the photo!

For an RPi monitor I like to use a 12V monitor like ones made by
Sceptre or for smaller monitors (10") I use Sunfounder.
I try to reduce (like 0) the number of noisy wall warts.

K3VIN <ka8yiu@...> writes:

Here is a photo of my new setup running off of a 14ah battery. I was running the 817 with 2.5 watts.

The only thing left is a monitor dedicated to the Pi so I don't have to VNC into it.

KJ7BJT

Kevin,

I agree with Basil:  I use a Sceptre model E16, 12V monitor.

Attached is a picture of my first ham radio project:  briefcase radios (2M, 1.25M & 70cm).
Everything shown fits into the briefcase, but it is a tight fit.  The keyboard, mouse and monitor must be carried separately.

A duplexer and a triplexer connect both radios to a CX-333 tri-band antenna.  I can store the CX-333
in the diagonal PCV pipe over the passenger side of the truck to transport it or slide it into a vertical PCV pipe for operation as shown.

73,

Jim