Topics

[New post] DRAWS™ Cases Have Shipped!

Edited

k7udr posted: "DRAWS™ cases have shipped from the manufacturer and we will start shipping once they arrive!

New post on NW Digital Radio

DRAWS™ Cases Have Shipped!

by k7udr

DRAWS™ cases have shipped from the manufacturer and we will start shipping once they arrive!

Important: Make sure you have ordered the correct case for your DRAWS™ HAT!

Please review your case order.
If your DRAWS™ HAT looks like this (SMA to left of DIN-6 connectors), Order the "early adopter" case

If it looks like one of these (SMA on the narrow side of board), you need the "production" case. If you ordered an "early adopter" case, please enter an upgrade order to get the correct case.

http://nwdigitalradio.com/draws-cases-have-shipped/

Kevin JJ1PJI

Great News. Will the the "early adopter" case work with the PI 4? The website photos are not displaying with an image of the case.  Looking forward to receiving it. Ordered it back when I running it on Pi 3.  Thank you.   JJ1PJI Kevin

Yes, the cases work with Pi3 or 4, here’s pics:

On Jan 11, 2021, at 4:41 PM, Kevin JJ1PJI <kajiki@...> wrote:

Great News. Will the the "early adopter" case work with the PI 4? The website photos are not displaying with an image of the case.  Looking forward to receiving it. Ordered it back when I running it on Pi 3.  Thank you.   JJ1PJI Kevin
<5C32A980-3336-4861-834E-DF61C62542DF.png>

okiejim

May I ask about the power connections. On the original case you said you were including a barrel connector for power. I still the case with the newer cases?

The Barrel Connector was incorporated into the latest Boards. There is a PowerPole to 2.1mm DC Coax Cable available from Powerwerx

If you have an earlier board you can terminate the supplied JST XH Pigtail to anything you like, wether it’s coax, PowerPole, or whatever works for your application. Of course most of you have already done this.

These pigtails are available from Pololu and others if you need another one.

MAKE SURE TO CHECK POLARITY! as they are not all the same. RED on RIGHT

Best Practice is to Fuse the power link at the source 1-2.5A

Bryan K7UDR