Topics

No Dstar TX data from DR-1x

I've hooked up my new UDRC.  In Dstar mode the DR-1x hears the input signal and keys the transmitter but there is now data modulation. The Dstarrepeater GUI decodes my handheld fine just no tx data from the repeater. Analog and Fusion Repeater TX is working.  Anybody had a similar problem?

Thanks

Bill

WA7KMF

VE3MIC

Hi Bill,
A couple of things to check...
-make sure that you are loading dstarreapeater with the correct config.
'dstarepeater 1' <note the 1
Also, if you haven't already done so, check your audio level(s).
'alsamixer' <PCM (mine is set to 48).
73 de Mike

On Jun 5, 2016 10:36 PM, Coupdebill <Bill.neville@...> wrote:

I've hooked up my new UDRC.  In Dstar mode the DR-1x hears the input signal and keys the transmitter but there is now data modulation. The Dstarrepeater GUI decodes my handheld fine just no tx data from the repeater. Analog and Fusion Repeater TX is working.  Anybody had a similar problem?

Thanks

Bill

WA7KMF

I have set up several DR-1X with the UDRC and they are consistent on input level (1 volt peak to peak in normal deviation).  The script we provide should be spot on for the DR-1X transmit level (PCM 0.00 db gain, alsamixer value 38) here is how it would look in alsamixer with normal (wide) FM deviation.  (F6 to select the udrc sound device).  Higher values will over modulate, lower values will not decode.  Decoding is most sensitive on the Icom 5100A (followed by the 51 and 31).  Some older models are more forgiving on the deviation.

Be sure you are using the current setup script.  (Not an old version you have saved.)

curl -L -s https://goo.gl/h04nla | sudo sh

If you see these levels and approximately 1 Volt peak to peak on Pin 6, then it should be working. The provided cables should be 15 pin with all pins connected straight through. If you suspect something is wrong with the cable, ring it out with an ohm meter.  (There is a bit more latitude on ADC.)

Be sure your DR-1X is configured in 'Remote' mode.

For these settings make sure you are not in narrow FM.  The UDRC will work with the repeater in narrow FM but will need different drive values.

Also as far the 4 udrc controller options go, they do not change how dstarrepeater works.  When the UDRC/dstarrepeater program hears GMSK/D-STAR it takes over the repeater and controls input and output (you will see the display switch to FM Fixed/FM Fixed).  What the 4 config options do is to tell what state the repeater should return to when the GMSK/D-STAR transmission is finished (plus a short hang time).