Topics

no PTT with FT857D, DRAWS HAT and 6 pin miniDIN cable

wa9pyh@...

I am using DRAWS software version "DRAWS_BETA13" from May 7, 2019.  I connected to DRAWS MANAGER and set the receive & transmit levels there.  I am using a single 6 pin miniDIN cable plugged into the left connector and have both transmit & receive audio working properly.  But I have no PTT.  If I push the mic button on the rig I can transmit the tones.  I am using the DIG mode on the rig.  I have tried every menu selection combination in the config menus for FT8 and FLDIGI and still no PTT.  Any help or suggestions are welcome!

Does the RED Led light?

On Aug 22, 2019, at 8:05 AM, wa9pyh@... wrote:

I am using DRAWS software version "DRAWS_BETA13" from May 7, 2019.  I connected to DRAWS MANAGER and set the receive & transmit levels there.  I am using a single 6 pin miniDIN cable plugged into the left connector and have both transmit & receive audio working properly.  But I have no PTT.  If I push the mic button on the rig I can transmit the tones.  I am using the DIG mode on the rig.  I have tried every menu selection combination in the config menus for FT8 and FLDIGI and still no PTT.  Any help or suggestions are welcome!

I am not where I can look right now, but seem to recall WSJT (FT8) does not implement GPIO PTT, so you have to use CAT through hamlib or VOX.  Fldigi has a setting for GPIO PTT on a tab beyond the CAT setup.