Topics

Packet / Email Routing

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

How do I expand the command below to send to CALL-10 via my local digipeater through a second digitpeater?

wl2kax25 -c CALL-10

In "packet" land, the command is :  wl2kax25 -c DIGI-1 DIGI-2 CALL-10

I also need to get the mheard list from DIGI-1 to find the DIGI-2 value and then ping DIGI-2 via DIGI-1 to confirm it can hear CALL-10.

Thanks, Ed, KD9FRQ

Basil Gunn

How do I expand the command below to send to CALL-10 via my local
digipeater through a second digitpeater?
Read this:
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/plu/PACLINK-UNIX_INSTALL.md#run-wl2kax25

wl2kax25 -c <some_RMS_Gateway_callsign> <some_digipeater>

I'll update the paclink-unix man page

wl2kax25 -c CALL-10

In "packet" land, the command is : wl2kax25 -c DIGI-1 DIGI-2 CALL-10
It's been in this order for about 15 years. What "packet" land are you
talking about?
wl2kax25 -c <some_RMS_Gateway_callsign> <some_digipeater>

I also need to get the mheard list from DIGI-1 to find the DIGI-2 value
and then ping DIGI-2 via DIGI-1 to confirm it can hear CALL-10.
Give me a more detailed example. Can't tell if you are using a node or
using 2 digi hops.

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

Basil,

Thank you for the help. I will review the link.

I forgot to update the command I was given as example for packet connections.
It should have been : C Call-1 V?? Call-2, Call-3, Call-4?????? In looking at the source
I was sent, it references the packet link network between Portland and Seattle.

I now have a better understanding of how it works.

In doing a quick read before sending this reply, I did not see
how to interrogate the digi-peater to get a list of stations or other
digi-peaters it can here.

Again, thanks for all work you do in supporting DRAWS. I am learning
how to use it more each day.

Ed