Topics

PAT email and DRAWS

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

The Pi has Bluetooth and WiFi.

Is there a way to have PAT send a notification that "I've Got Mail" if there is a new message received via wl2kax25 command?

73s, Ed, KD9FRQ

Mitch Winkle

Wouldn't that be a question for the Pat developers?

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

Mitch,

Yes, it would.  I asked here just in case anyone has done with the DRAWS and the underlying OS image.

I also asked here because the DRAWS developers may know the answer based on their knowledge of
setting up the system they created.

73s, Ed, KD9FRQ

On 6/25/2020 7:01 AM, Mitch Winkle wrote:
Wouldn't that be a question for the Pat developers?

Basil Gunn

Ed,
I don't know that much about PAT. I use it from time to time with ardop
but I'm not familiar with all of its features.

If you want some notification sent the easiest thing to use is mutt
because it is a console command line app that can be used in a script.
For instance I have mutt send me an automated (scripted) email from each
of my RMS Gateways every day with a list of call signs that have used
the gateway.

If you want a notification sent via SMTP mail or packet via
paclink-unix, mutt or some other Unix command line mail app is the
easiest thing to use.

/Basil n7nix

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ via groups.io <ewbloom=verizon.net@groups.io> writes:

The Pi has Bluetooth and WiFi.

Is there a way to have PAT send a notification that "I've Got Mail" if
there is a new message received via wl2kax25 command?

73s, Ed, KD9FRQ

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

Basil,

Thank you for your reply.

I have CLAWS working on my Pi / DRAWS setup.

How much trouble would it be to get MUTT working in parallel?

Just curious.

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ
ewbloom@...
Sent from Webmail access

I don't know that much about PAT. I use it from time to time with ardop
but I'm not familiar with all of its features.

If you want some notification sent the easiest thing to use is mutt
because it is a console command line app that can be used in a script.
For instance I have mutt send me an automated (scripted) email from each
of my RMS Gateways every day with a list of call signs that have used
the gateway.

If you want a notification sent via SMTP mail or packet via
paclink-unix, mutt or some other Unix command line mail app is the
easiest thing to use.

/Basil n7nix

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ via groups.io <ewbloom=verizon.net@groups.io> writes:

> The Pi has Bluetooth and WiFi.
>
> Is there a way to have PAT send a notification that "I've Got Mail" if
> there is a new message received via wl2kax25 command?
>
> 73s, Ed, KD9FRQ

Basil Gunn

Hi Ed,
Since I'm pretty sure that you used my scripts to install things, mutt is
alreay installed & configured. You can verify that by just typing 'mutt'
in a console. (to exit type q to Quit)
If you can describe to me (direct email) exactly what you want to accomplish
I will write a script for you that will get you most of the way there.
From today through Sunday I have a bunch of things going on so

If you look at n7nix/debug/chk_mail.sh script and search for mutt
you can see that it is reasonable easy to use.

$MUTT -s "$subject" $sendto < $MSG_FILENAME

/Basil

ewbloom@... from Webmail access

[...]

Yes, I using Release 15 or 16 and the DRAWS. It is working great for email and APRS (this was my main goal).
I am still collecting the gear needed to put it all in Gator box to go yet still use in the Shack.

The basic MUTT command worked. I will review the .chk_mail script this weekend.

I will reach out after Field Day and follow up with you on what I am trying to do.

73s, Ed, KD9FRQ

On 6/25/2020 11:43 AM, Basil Gunn wrote:
Hi Ed,
Since I'm pretty sure that you used my scripts to install things, mutt is
alreay installed & configured. You can verify that by just typing 'mutt'
in a console. (to exit type q to Quit)
If you can describe to me (direct email) exactly what you want to accomplish
I will write a script for you that will get you most of the way there.
From today through Sunday I have a bunch of things going on so