PAT Mailbox #pat

Erwin OE1EKG

Hello Basil,

All of the installation (2.02) is running - great. Now I want to install PAT Mailbox. I went to the last description of a past post from you but this was not running. I'm struggling were I can fix the problem. I went through the description on your GITHUB https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/paclink-unix and after to http://bazaudi.com/plu/doku.php?id=plu:install_postfix but with no positiv result. When I start the PAT-mailbox from the desktop icon but it ends up in an error: localhost:8080 ... result "This site can’t be reachedlocalhost refused to connect." What can I do next?

73 de Erwin, OE1EKG

Basil Gunn

Hi Erwin,

A couple of things.

1. If you get "error: localhost:8080", it is most likely that DRAWS
Manager is running and not allowing PAT to use that port. You can
confirm by:

# First make sure you have the most current n7nix repo (scripts).

cd
cd n7nix/config
./bin_refresh.sh

# Then run a script to determine if DRAWS manager is running:

cd
cd n7nix/email/pat
./pat_ctrl.sh status

That will tell you if DRAWS manager is running or some other process is
using port 8080. To kill DRAWS manager and free up port 8080:

mgr-ctrl.sh stop

2. paclink-unix & PAT are 2 separate winlink clients.
I would focus on PAT. I have found that paclink-unix & PAT point-2-point
listeners can NOT co-exist. I am working on a script that will allow
setting up either and change back if required. Currently you can stop
the paclink-unix listener by running:

cd
cd n7nix/email/pat
./listener_ctrl.sh -d

That will disable the paclink-unix listener and allow you to install a
PAT listener for point-2-point operation.

Hope that helps.
/Basil n7nix

All of the installation (2.02) is running - great. Now I want to
install PAT Mailbox. I went to the last description of a past post
from you but this was not running. I'm struggling were I can fix the
problem. I went through the description on your GITHUB
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/paclink-unix and after to
http://bazaudi.com/plu/doku.php?id=plu:install_postfix but with no
positiv result. When I start the PAT-mailbox from the desktop icon but
it ends up in an error: localhost:8080 ... result "This site can’t be
reachedlocalhost refused to connect." What can I do next?

73 de Erwin, OE1EKG

Erwin OE1EKG

Edited

Thanks Basil,

I did the task like you proposed in your description - but failed. So I did I clean installation with the image 2.20, installed ARDOP and setalsa-kx2.sh again, changed settings for KX3 and the result is the same - see the output. Ardop waterfall is running and shows correct signals.

73 de Erwin, OE1EKG

Running your script and additional settings

cd

cd n7nix/email/pat

nano config.json

# change in config.json

  "mycall": "oe1ekg",

  "secure_login_password": „PASSWORD",

  "locator": "JN88de",

  "hamlib_rigs": {

  "KX3": {"address": "localhost:4532", "network": "tcp"}

    "rig": "KX3"

  "ardop": {

    "addr": "localhost:8515",

    "arq_bandwidth": {

      "Forced": false,

      "Max": 500

    },

    "rig": "KX3",

    "ptt_ctrl": false,

    "beacon_interval": 0,

    "cwid_enabled": true

73 de Erwin, OE1EKG

Running Settings

pi@draws:~ $ cd
pi@draws:~ $ cd n7nix/config
pi@draws:~/n7nix/config $ ./bin_refresh.sh

 == Updating n7nix repo
Already up to date.

 == Updating local bin directory for user: pi

FINISHED copying desktop files

FINISHED copying bin files

FINISHED copying AX.25 files
script: /home/pi/bin/sensor_update.sh found
Already have iio_hwmon config for draws sensors

FINISHED updating sensor config file
pi@draws:~/n7nix/config $ cd
pi@draws:~ $ cd n7nix/email/pat
pi@draws:~/n7nix/email/pat $ ./pat_ctrl.sh status
 Status for draws-manager: NOT RUNNING and NOT ENABLED
 Status for pat: NOT RUNNING and NOT ENABLED
Port 8080 NOT in use
pi@draws:~/n7nix/email/pat $ ### Integrating script first time before start WSJTX and JS8Call
pi@draws:~/n7nix/email/pat $ # change baudrate for KX3 to 38400
pi@draws:~/n7nix/email/pat $ cd
pi@draws:~ $ cd n7nix/hfprogs
pi@draws:~/n7nix/hfprogs $ nano wsj_ctrl.sh
pi@draws:~/n7nix/hfprogs $ ./wsj_ctrl.sh -a kx3 start
Setting radio name to: radio_kx3, rig name: KX3
 == rigctld-wsjtx systemctl unit file check
Service: rigctld-wsjtx, status: 3
Systemd service files found
Starting service: rigctld-wsjtx
Service: rigctld-wsjtx, status: 0
pi@draws:~/n7nix/hfprogs $ # Ardop start for KX3
pi@draws:~/n7nix/hfprogs $ cd
pi@draws:~ $ rigctld-wsjtx -m 2045  -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -s 38400 -P GPIO -p 12

^A^[c^C
pi@draws:~ $
pi@draws:~ $ cd
pi@draws:~ $ cd n7nix/email/pat
pi@draws:~/n7nix/email/pat $ nano config.json
pi@draws:~/n7nix/email/pat $
pi@draws:~/n7nix/email/pat $ cd
pi@draws:~ $ cd n7nix/email/pat
pi@draws:~/n7nix/email/pat $ ./pat_ctrl.sh status
 Status for draws-manager: NOT RUNNING and NOT ENABLED
 Status for pat: NOT RUNNING and NOT ENABLED
Port 8080 NOT in use
pi@draws:~/n7nix/email/pat $ cd ~/bin
pi@draws:~/bin $ ./piARDOP_GUI
qt5ct: using qt5ct plugin
qt5ct: D-Bus global menu: no

Edit final check:
pi@draws:~ $ cd
pi@draws:~ $ cd n7nix/ardop
pi@draws:~/n7nix/ardop $ ./ardop_ctrl.sh status | grep -i pat
ardop_ctrl.sh: Need to Install pat
Systemd unit file: /etc/systemd/system/pat.service NOT found.
proc pat: 1, NOT running
pi@draws:~/n7nix/ardop $

Basil Gunn

I don't think pat is running.
In a console type: pat http
Then see if you can load the web app at localhost:8080 in a browser.

If that doesn't work refresh the scripts and send me the output of
'pat_install.sh -s' and 'pat_ctrl.sh status'

cd
cd n7nix
git pull
cd email/pat
./pat_install.sh -s
./pat_ctrl.sh status

Erwin OE1EKG <erwin.grabler@...> writes:

[...]

thanks for your support - this weekend I got it running. Now try to go further in the installation of the Bullseye version.

73 de Erwin, OE1EKG