Topics

Peer to Peer Email

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

I am struggling to send email peer to peer where the end station is using PC based WinLink and only has the call sign AB9DEF without the -10.

wl2kax25 -c WA9APQ?? This returns : connect(): Address already in use
wl2kax25 -c WA9APQ-10 This times out

I see the station when I run mheard

What am I missing?

Ed, KD9FRQ

Basil Gunn

The correct syntax to send P2P is:

wl2kax25 -c WA9APQ

without the question marks!

This syntax sends to the RMS Gateway which it looks like you can't
connect with:

wl2kax25 -c WA9APQ-10

Hearing a station with mheard does not guarantee that you will be able
to connect to it with a Winlink client.

I am struggling to send email peer to peer where the end station is
using PC based WinLink and only has the call sign AB9DEF without the -10.

wl2kax25 -c WA9APQ?? This returns : connect(): Address already in use
wl2kax25 -c WA9APQ-10 This times out

I see the station when I run mheard

What am I missing?

Ed, KD9FRQ

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

OK. That is what I was using.  The ?? must have been added by the email program.

Thanks, Ed, KD9FRQ

On 7/21/2020 10:54 AM, Basil Gunn wrote:
The correct syntax to send P2P is:

wl2kax25 -c WA9APQ

without the question marks!

This syntax sends to the RMS Gateway which it looks like you can't
connect with:

wl2kax25 -c WA9APQ-10

Hearing a station with mheard does not guarantee that you will be able
to connect to it with a Winlink client.

I am struggling to send email peer to peer where the end station is
using PC based WinLink and only has the call sign AB9DEF without the -10.

wl2kax25 -c WA9APQ?? This returns : connect(): Address already in use
wl2kax25 -c WA9APQ-10 This times out

I see the station when I run mheard

What am I missing?

Ed, KD9FRQ

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

On 7/21/2020 10:54 AM, Basil Gunn wrote:
wl2kax25 -c WA9APQ
Following up............just did a quick retry........No Joy

wl2kax25 -c WA9APQ
connect(): Address already in use

Basil Gunn

This error message:

connect(): Address already in use

might indicate you have 2 instances of wl2kax25, wl2ktelnet or wl2kd running.
It could happen if you had some hang or other problem that leaves the
connection to the ax25 socket still connected.

Since I have never seen this problem I suggest you reboot and try it
again.

I suspect you would see this error when trying to connect to an RMS
Gateway as well.

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ via groups.io <ewbloom=verizon.net@groups.io> writes:

On 7/21/2020 10:54 AM, Basil Gunn wrote:
wl2kax25 -c WA9APQ
Following up............just did a quick retry........No Joy

wl2kax25 -c WA9APQ
connect(): Address already in use

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

Rebooting did the trick for sending.

Now waiting for the return, peer to peer response.

Ed, KD9FRQ

This error message: