Topics

prog_refresh.sh error?

Edward Seeliger

For the past week or more, if I run the  prog_refresh.sh script, it chooses to build GPSD (again) and ends with the following:

Setup default gpsd file
Setup default chrony.conf file
Synchronizing state of gpsd.service with SysV service script with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install.
Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable gpsd

Failed to reload daemon: Method call timed out
Failed to reload daemon: Method call timed out
Synchronizing state of chrony.service with SysV service script with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install.
Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable chrony
tee: /var/log/udr_install.log: Permission denied
2019 07 16 08:26:42 CDT: gp_install.sh: gps install script FINISHED

Debug: Testing 3.19.tar, ver: 3.19
gpsd version built (3.19) does not match source version (3.19.tar)

It also requires me to enter my password 12-14 times near the end as it attempts to update Is chrony.conf and enable GPSD

It otherwise appears to run as it should - this AM it built the new WSJTX version.
Is this an error that needs to be fixed or do I need to change/correct something on my device?
Thanks for your time and help.
Edd - KD5M

Basil Gunn

Edd,

I made changes to both gp_verchk.sh & gp_install.sh to correct problem
parsing version string. Could you please execute the following console
commands & send me the console output.

cd
cd n7nix/gps
git pull
./gp_verchk.sh
./gp_verchk.sh -u
sudo systemctl restart gpsd
./gp_verchk.sh

Edward Seeliger <eseeliger@...> writes:

[...]

Here is the console output after git pull:

pi@KD5MDRAWS:~/n7nix/gps $ ./gp_verchk.sh
gp_verchk.sh: Detected gpsd package.
gpsd: current version: 3.19, installed: 3.19
pi@KD5MDRAWS:~/n7nix/gps $ ./gp_verchk.sh -u
gp_verchk.sh: Detected gpsd package.
gpsd: Running current version 3.19
pi@KD5MDRAWS:~/n7nix/gps $ sudo systemctl restart gpsd
pi@KD5MDRAWS:~/n7nix/gps $ ./gp_verchk.sh
gp_verchk.sh: Detected gpsd package.
gpsd: current version: 3.19, installed: 3.19
pi@KD5MDRAWS:~/n7nix/gps $

Edd - KD5M

Jim Erickson

I didn’t save the output, but mine successfully detected that gpsd was a different version, downloaded the new version (3.19), compiled it and installed it in place.  That appears to have fixed the same problem I was having Basil.

73
Jim

On Jul 16, 2019, at 13:02, Edward Seeliger <eseeliger@...> wrote:

Here is the console output after git pull:

pi@KD5MDRAWS:~/n7nix/gps $ ./gp_verchk.sh
gp_verchk.sh: Detected gpsd package.
gpsd: current version: 3.19, installed: 3.19
pi@KD5MDRAWS:~/n7nix/gps $ ./gp_verchk.sh -u
gp_verchk.sh: Detected gpsd package.
gpsd: Running current version 3.19
pi@KD5MDRAWS:~/n7nix/gps $ sudo systemctl restart gpsd
pi@KD5MDRAWS:~/n7nix/gps $ ./gp_verchk.sh
gp_verchk.sh: Detected gpsd package.
gpsd: current version: 3.19, installed: 3.19
pi@KD5MDRAWS:~/n7nix/gps $

Edd - KD5M

Edward Seeliger

Basil, after the update above, I ran prog_refresh.sh again and it updates as it should without the previous errors.
It also updated XASTIR to a new version. It shows the correct GPSD version is installed.
Thanks for your help and all the (prompt) support you provide here for all of us!
Edd - KD5M

Basil Gunn

Thanks Edd & Jim for verifying the changes I made. I appreciate your
support.
/Basil n7nix