Topics

Question HW and SW

Markus

Hello community,

I have a question whether such a constellation would work?

Linux -- RPI -- UDRC HAT -- (Radio equipment)

<------->

(Radio equipment) -- UDRC HAT -- RPI -- Linux

How the radio equipment would wire now with the HAT UDRC?
I would like to make a BASH script from the console an send some text.
As software MINIMODEM is supposed to run the tool. http://www.whence.com/minimodem/

Software steps in the Script:

- Text convert to WAV (audio file)
- wait
- push the PTT
- wait
- play Audio

Thanks for help.

Bye Markus

okiejim

This sounds like my weather voice system. The second radio is a ctually a repeater and no need for the second rpi or udrc. It converted the text from a weather station to wav file and sent them over the radio to the repeater. I have just now started re-coding it for the DrawsHat in Python. It will take some time as I am not dedicated to it just wanted to play around, and get it running again. I originally wrote it in visual basic on windows. Keep us informed. When I get going on it I will post something here. I have a dtmf decoder I used but hope to incorporate direwolf to reduce the hardware requirments. The DTMF was what triggered the weather report to go out to the repeater.
73
JIm

I have not implemented or tested this, but it should work.

Raspbian is Linux on the Raspberry Pi, so you only need the Pi plus DRAWS™ HAT and radios. The wiring to the radio is straightforward using the amateur radio standard mini DIN-6 pinout for packet radio.

minimodem installs with a simple apt-get.

Look at some of the TTS (text to speech) packages.

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 8:46 AM Markus <subscribe@...> wrote:
Hello community,

I have a question whether such a constellation would work?

Linux -- RPI -- UDRC HAT -- (Radio equipment)

<------->

(Radio equipment) -- UDRC HAT -- RPI -- Linux

How the radio equipment would wire now with the HAT UDRC?
I would like to make a BASH script from the console an send some text.
As software MINIMODEM is supposed to run the tool. http://www.whence.com/minimodem/

Software steps in the Script:

- Text convert to WAV (audio file)
- wait
- push the PTT
- wait
- play Audio

Thanks for help.

Bye Markus

Kingston, WA

Hi Markus,

I believe the measure_deviate.sh script does what you want. Instead of
playing the tone WAV file, point the aplay line at the appropriate audio
file. The script takes care of turning on/off PTT for left/right mDin6
connector used.

https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/tree/master/deviation

If you just want a simple script to control PTT then please check
ptt_ctrl.sh

https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/bin/ptt_ctrl.sh

/Basil

Markus <@airjump> writes:

Hello community,

I have a question whether such a constellation would work?

Linux -- RPI -- UDRC HAT -- (Radio equipment)

<------->

(Radio equipment) -- UDRC HAT -- RPI -- Linux

How the radio equipment would wire now with the HAT UDRC?
I would like to make a BASH script from the console an send some text.
As software MINIMODEM is supposed to run the tool. http://www.whence.com/minimodem/

Software steps in the Script:

- Text convert to WAV (audio file)
- wait
- push the PTT
- wait
- play Audio

Markus

Hello, Basil.

Thank you very much. I have looked at it yesterday and it goes exactly in this direction.

Thank you very much.

Greetings Markus

Basil Gunn <@basil860> hat am 24. Juni 2019 um 22:41 geschrieben:

Markus <@airjump> writes:

Hello community,

I have a question whether such a constellation would work?

Linux -- RPI -- UDRC HAT -- (Radio equipment)

<------->

(Radio equipment) -- UDRC HAT -- RPI -- Linux

How the radio equipment would wire now with the HAT UDRC?
I would like to make a BASH script from the console an send some text.
As software MINIMODEM is supposed to run the tool. http://www.whence.com/minimodem/

Software steps in the Script:

- Text convert to WAV (audio file)
- wait
- push the PTT
- wait
- play Audio

Markus

Thanks John.

John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> hat am 24. Juni 2019 um 21:05 geschrieben:

[...]

K7VE

Markus

Hi Jim.

The one with the Python and your weather station goes in the same direction. My goal is to transmit in Bash or Python.
I'm here about the combination between the HAT and the radio. Thank you.

Greetings Markus

okiejim <kd6vpe@...> hat am 24. Juni 2019 um 17:54 geschrieben: