Topics

Replacing a GMSK Modem

Ted McArthur

I am Replacing a Old Pi and a Satoshi Brd With a Pi 3 and UDRC do I just follow the WIKI for the Yesu Repeater or is there other instructions.
I have done everything pn the Wiki and can't get the dstarrepeater to start.

Ted McArthur
AC7II
kb7pab@...
435-770-9169

Hi Ted,

The Wiki instructions should get the UDRC running on your Pi 3.

Are you running dstarrepeater 1 (GUI) or dstarrepeaterd 1 (Daemon)?

Is there anything in the log at /var/log/opendv?

Also, sometimes if you manually start the GUI or Daemon, it leaves files with the wrong permissions set in /tmp and /var/log/opendv -- the preferred method is to make sure those files are removed and use the systemd method.

Start the daemon:
sudo systemctl start dstarrepeaterd@1
Stop the daemon:
sudo systemctl stop dstarrepeaterd@1
Set the system to autostart the daemon on reboot:
sudo systemctl enable dstarrepeaterd@1

Sometimes running
tail -f /var/log/opendv/dstarrepeater_1
in a second terminal will help debug.

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 9:28 AM, Ted McArthur <kb7pab@...> wrote:
I am Replacing a Old Pi and a Satoshi Brd With a Pi 3 and UDRC do I just follow the WIKI for the Yesu Repeater or is there other instructions.
I have done everything pn the Wiki and can't get the dstarrepeater to start.

Ted McArthur
AC7II
kb7pab@...

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223

Ted McArthur

John I am running the GUI this time I am ot by the unit right now and haven't poked a hole yet to get to it from outside my house but When I run the command to manually start it  at 1st it worked but now doesn't. When I run those commands now it says something like those files aren't there. I will look at the logs. I ran the ircddbgatewayconfig 1 and tried to make it look as close as I could to the old one the old one I always ran in the Daemon mode so had to make some assumptions.

Ted McArthur
AC7II
kb7pab@...
435-770-9169

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 10:59 AM, John Hays <john@...> wrote:
[...]

I just want to verify this is a DR-1X?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 6, 2016, at 11:03, Ted McArthur <kb7pab@...> wrote:

[...]

No this is not a DR-1X I am trying to replace a Satoshi Brd on a Repeater Hotspot

your Question does sudo systemctl start dstar no

pi@compass:~ $ sudo systemctl start dstarrepeaterd@1
Failed to start dstarrepeaterd@1.service: Unit dstarrepeaterd@1.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
pi@compass:~ $ sudo dstarrepeater 1

The next line does work

Ted McArthur
AC7II
kb7pab@...
435-770-9169

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 6:29 PM, John Hays <john@...> wrote:
[...]

OK, I need to build a new dstarrepeaterd for hotspots and non-DR-1X repeaters.  It is going to be a few days as I am waiting for some information from our package builder and then I need to test.