Topics

Right Angle Power Connector

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

Do any member of the DRAWS User group know of a right angle power connector for the Version One board?

I am deploying my DRAWS setup in 12 days to support a 100 mile ultra marathon in an area with extremely limited cell service. We hope to exchange text files of Bib number, Time In and Time Out for each check point. This is the first year we will be trying this data method. Previous years has all been voice.

While I have a standard pig tail, I am hoping to find a right angle (to the right as one faces the power port) to better route and manage my wiring. I have two 2m rigs mounted in a 2U network shelf with professional face plate.  I purchase a C4 Labs DRAWS Version One case (actually two since I own two DRAWS) so I can protect my DRAWS PI setup (pending the delivery of the two metal cases I ordered).

73s, Ed, KD9FRQ

Tim Ciesluk

I don’t remember what the barrel size on the DRAWS board is but check out Powerwerx. They have 2.1 and 2.5mm options for $8 with Anderson PP already attached.

73s, Tim, KU1G

On Aug 12, 2020, at 8:51 AM, Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ via groups.io <ewbloom@...> wrote:

[...]

I’m sorry. I re-read your question and realize you’re asking about the JST connector. I haven’t seen any right angle pigtails, but you may be able to replace the ‘socket’ or try to bend the pins at your own risk. Use jst connector as your keyword search.

Tim - KU1G

On Aug 12, 2020, at 8:51 AM, Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ via groups.io <ewbloom=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Do any member of the DRAWS User group know of a right angle power connector for the Version One board?

I am deploying my DRAWS setup in 12 days to support a 100 mile ultra marathon in an area with extremely limited cell service. We hope to exchange text files of Bib number, Time In and Time Out for each check point. This is the first year we will be trying this data method. Previous years has all been voice.

While I have a standard pig tail, I am hoping to find a right angle (to the right as one faces the power port) to better route and manage my wiring. I have two 2m rigs mounted in a 2U network shelf with professional face plate. I purchase a C4 Labs DRAWS Version One case (actually two since I own two DRAWS) so I can protect my DRAWS PI setup (pending the delivery of the two metal cases I ordered).

73s, Ed, KD9FRQ

It’s 2.1 same as KPC3 and KX3 but the barrel connector is only on the latest rev.

Bryan K7UDR