Topics

Setup split-channels #hfmodes #ax25

I'd like to setup split-channels for both Direwolf/ax25 and HF programs. Is there a easy way to accomplish that?
Todd
AL7PX

Basil Gunn

What 2 radios will you be using?
I will write a script so that you can easily set the ALSA controls for
both radios.

There are two ways to approach setting up split channel operation. I
recommend reading both README.md files.

1. Manual
Look at this repository README.md & follow instructions

https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/split-channels

2. N7NIX repository script: Use the n7nix/splitchan repository script
split_ctrl.sh to install & control split channel configuration. This
script sets up left channel as AX.25/direwolf channel & right channel
for HF, which is opposite of Manual approach.

https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/tree/master/splitchan

I haven't used a split channel configuration for a while so I will
verify the setup sometime today.

/Basil n7nix

Todd via groups.io <ic7461=yahoo.com@groups.io> writes:

I'd like to setup split-channels for both Direwolf/ax25 and HF programs. Is there a easy way to accomplish that?
Todd
AL7PX

Basil:
I'm not going to use 2 radios. I have a switch box to transfer left/right channels. One side will be ax25 and the other for non ax25 programs. I'm a little confused with these procedures. Do I do either one? Is that correct? I like the second one and would work best for me.  Also, I see the files /home/pi/n7nix/splitchan already. My question is how do I initiate the function of split on boot up? I am completely new at initiating scripts. Thx
Todd
AL7PX

Basil Gunn

Todd,
Could you please explain what you would like to do in more detail.

If you have a single radio then you probably do not need to use
split-channel. You can just use scripts to accomplish what you want.

If you want to go between packet & some HF mode say using FLdigi then:

ax25-stop

# run fldigi

a25-start

# do some packet thing.

Todd via groups.io <ic7461=yahoo.com@groups.io> writes:

Basil:
I'm not going to use 2 radios. I have a switch box to transfer
left/right channels. One side will be ax25 and the other for non ax25
programs. I'm a little confused with these procedures. Do I do either
one? Is that correct? I like the second one and would work best for
me. Also, I see the files/home/pi/n7nix/splitchan already.
My question is how do I initiate the function of split on boot up?
Most things that can be started at boot up are started from systemd
service files which my script sets up during configuration. Split-channel
is just a special case of running packet on a single audio channel
leaving the other channel available for HF.

I am completely new at initiating scripts. Thx Todd AL7PX

Basil:
I thought it would just be easier if one connector had ax25 and the other did not. Just flip a switch over to whatever mode you want without have to do any commands too change over. The switch accepts 2 different 6 pin mini dins with a common output which would go to 6 pin mini din on back of icom 706. I mean, there are 2 connectors on the Draws board and I'd use them. Throwing a simple switch is easy.
That's what I'd like to setup. Your switch channel script should be what I need to separate (0,1) left/right.
Thx, Todd
AL7PX