Topics

Shipping and case updates?

Chris Metcalf

It's been a couple of weeks since Hamvention, and I was hoping we could get an update on potential ship dates for outstanding DRAWS orders, including the aluminum cases (I bought the kit).

Thanks,
Chris
K1NOT 

August Johnson KG7BZ

I bought an "Early Adopter" aluminum case over a month ago, any status report on these?

August KG7BZ

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 11:58 AM <chris@...> wrote:
It's been a couple of weeks since Hamvention, and I was hoping we could get an update on potential ship dates for outstanding DRAWS orders, including the aluminum cases (I bought the kit).

Thanks,
Chris
K1NOT 

Sam Wash

I’m in same boat! Early adopter on the case!

On Jun 4, 2019, at 2:46 PM, August Johnson <augjohnson@...> wrote:

I bought an "Early Adopter" aluminum case over a month ago, any status report on these?

August KG7BZ

Thanks,
Chris
K1NOT 

Michael Narges

#me too!
de Mike WF8O!

On Jun 4, 2019, at 5:16 PM, Sam Wash <samuel.wash@...> wrote:

August KG7BZ

Thanks,
Chris
K1NOT 

KeithG [KG1MD]

Meee too!
KG1MD 

On Jun 4, 2019, at 6:33 PM, Sam Wash <samuel.wash@...> wrote:

August KG7BZ

Thanks,
Chris
K1NOT 

kc7pmu

I saw a hand modified early adopter case at SeaPac this past weekend.  It looked good but I was told delivery would be "summer".
Complete units would also be "summer" as they have the other parts of the units in hand.  I guess it is just the hazards of sourcing
cases offshore in relatively small quantities.

Paul
kc7pmu

Fred Meier <fsmeier@...>

I saw that too.

I sure hope the actual ones will be a little nicer finished than the sample.

From: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of kc7pmu@...
Sent: Wednesday, June 5, 2019 12:17 AM
To: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [udrc] Shipping and case updates?

I saw a hand modified early adopter case at SeaPac this past weekend.  It looked good but I was told delivery would be "summer".
Complete units would also be "summer" as they have the other parts of the units in hand.  I guess it is just the hazards of sourcing
cases offshore in relatively small quantities.

Paul
kc7pmu

See Update

--
John D. Hays
Kingston, WA
K7VE

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 11:11 AM Fred Meier <fsmeier@...> wrote:

Yes they will.  

The delay is, in part, working with the manufacturer to get the case "just right".  In the meantime the C4Labs case works nicely with the early adopter HATS, if you are looking to provide earlier packaging.

The sample was modified with hand tools, to create an install slot for the SMA connector - the final cases will have that slot as part of the machining at the factory.

--

John D. Hays
Director

Chris Metcalf

Thanks for the update, this is great news! I'm glad well be getting the boards even if we need to wait on the case, I can't wait to start experimenting.

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 2:29 PM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

Yes they will.  

The delay is, in part, working with the manufacturer to get the case "just right".  In the meantime the C4Labs case works nicely with the early adopter HATS, if you are looking to provide earlier packaging.

The sample was modified with hand tools, to create an install slot for the SMA connector - the final cases will have that slot as part of the machining at the factory.

--

John D. Hays
Director

Chris Metcalf

Any updates on the shipping of backordered boards? We're about a week into the period during which backorders were to be shipped - is there any way we can get an idea how deep the queue still is?

Thanks!

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 2:55 PM Chris Metcalf <chris@...> wrote:
Thanks for the update, this is great news! I'm glad well be getting the boards even if we need to wait on the case, I can't wait to start experimenting.

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 2:29 PM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

Yes they will.  

--

John D. Hays
Director

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 9:43 AM Chris Metcalf <chris@...> wrote:
Any updates on the shipping of backordered boards? We're about a week into the period during which backorders were to be shipped - is there any way we can get an idea how deep the queue still is?

Thanks!

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 2:55 PM Chris Metcalf <chris@...> wrote:

--
John D. Hays
Kingston, WA
K7VE