Topics

Something's running that shouldn't be...

Charlie Hein

I've installed LinBPQ32 and got it mostly configured, but I'm running into a problem when folks try to connect to MYCALL (N4NVD).  After some digging I've found that there's a program running at boot that's competing with LinBPQ32 for the connection, and wins a good part of the time.  Below is the output from the 'ps -axg' command that shows W5TJL connected to wl2kax25d - what is that program?  I need to get that out of the way, but I'm not sure how.

 1444 ?        S      0:00 wl2kax25d -c W5TJL -a udr0
 1644 ?        Dl     0:01 lxterminal
 1663 pts/3    Ss     0:00 bash
 1724 pts/3    R+     0:00 ps -axg
pi@nvdpi:~ $

Charlie

Basil Gunn

To stop the paclink-unix point-to-point listener comment out or remove
the section [W5TJL VIA udr0] in file /etc/ax25/ax25d.conf

I am the maintainer for paclink-unix & Linux RMS Gateway that is why
they are in the NWDR image which has support for configuring it.

To learn more about Linux based ax25 daemon
man ax25d
man ax25d.conf

LinBPQ32 originated from Microsoft DOS BPQ code and supports many non
AX25 interfaces lie AEAPactor, ARDOP, FLDigi and more.

If you are running LinBPQ there is not a lot of advantage to running the
NWDR image except for all the utilities for setting up & maintaining the
UDRC/DRAWS hat.

Charlie Hein <chein@...> writes:

I've installed LinBPQ32 and got it mostly configured, but I'm running into a problem when folks try to connect to MYCALL (N4NVD). After some digging I've found that there's a program running at boot that's competing with LinBPQ32 for the connection, and wins a good part of the time. Below is the output from the 'ps -axg' command that shows W5TJL connected to wl2kax25d - what is that program? I need to get that out of the way, but I'm not sure how.

1444 ? S 0:00 wl2kax25d -c W5TJL -a udr0
1644 ? Dl 0:01 lxterminal
1663 pts/3 Ss 0:00 bash
1724 pts/3 R+ 0:00 ps -axg
pi@nvdpi:~ $

Charlie Hein

So I opened the file and it's got two entries in it:

[N4NVD-10 VIA udr0]
NOCALL   * * * * * *  L
default  * * * * * *  - rmsgw /usr/local/bin/rmsgw rmsgw -P %d %U
#
[N4NVD VIA udr0]
NOCALL   * * * * * *  L
default  * * * * * *  - pi /usr/local/bin/wl2kax25d wl2kax25d -c %U -a %d

This looks like it's sending anything it catches coming in from N4NVD or N4NVD-10 and sending it to another couple of programs that I'm guessing are Winlink related.  If I comment out both of these it should stop this from happening for whatever time I'm running LinBPQ32, right?  Does this daemon do anything else?

Charlie

Charlie Hein

I'm not sure if LinBPQ is a long term project or not at this point, I don't want to abandon the image because I will be playing with other things too!

Charlie

Charlie Hein

Ok, commented them out and all is well - thanks!

Charlie