Topics

Stream Audio Using VNC Command Line to Local Network #audio

Anthony Sutera

I am using my Draws Hat mainly for WSJT-X.  I have a quick question: I would like to stream audio to my local network.  On my other setups (Raspberry Pi3) using a signal link USB audio card, I succesfully use this command: cvlc -vvv alsa://dsnoop:1 --sout '#transcode{acodec=mp3,ab=64,channels=1}:standard{access=http,dst=192.168.165.126/out.mp3}' to stream audio out to my local network.  Can someone let me know the correct audio device to list in the command line using the Draws Hat sound card?  Thank you! Tony Sutera KF7VLT

Basil Gunn

Where in the command that you gave is the syntax for the USB device you
are using? dsnoop:1 ?

If I use cvlc --longhelp it lists alsa audio devices so I'm guessing you
would replace dsnoop:1 with dsnoop:CARD=udrc

cvlc --longhelp | grep -i alsa-audio-device
VLC media player 3.0.7 Vetinari (revision 3.0.7-0-g86cee31099)
--alsa-audio-device {null,default:CARD=ALSA,sysdefault:CARD=ALSA,dmix:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0,dmix:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1,dsnoop:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0,dsnoop:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1,hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0,hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1,plughw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0,plughw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1,default:CARD=udrc,sysdefault:CARD=udrc,dmix:CARD=udrc,DEV=0,dsnoop:CARD=udrc,DEV=0,hw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0,plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0,default}

/Basil

Anthony Sutera <tsutera@...> writes:

I am using my Draws Hat mainly for WSJT-X. I have a quick question: I
would like to stream audio to my local network. On my other setups
(Raspberry Pi3) using a signal link USB audio card, I succesfully use
this command:
cvlc -vvv alsa://dsnoop:1 --sout '#transcode{acodec=mp3,ab=64,channels=1}:standard{access=http,dst=192.168.165.126/out.mp3}'

to stream audio out to my local network. Can someone let me know the
correct audio device to list in the command line using the Draws Hat
sound card? Thank you! Tony Sutera KF7VLT

Paul Noa

Basil,
I am reaching out for a little direction getting started with my Draws (Hat Only) install on RPi 3 B+ as I see you are very active and obviously much more knowledgeable than myself in this area.

The more I  read the more unsure I become as where to start. This is where I have started :
Could you be so kind as to direct me to the best most reliable version of Buster w/NWDR code for the Draws hat if this is not the best place to start?

Thanks in advance for your support,

Paul

Paul