Topics

#support Low transmit audio #support

@K5LVL

First off thanks for creating such a versatile board!

I've ran through the setup a few times and I'm still having the same low transmit audio problem.  I've tried it with 2 radios (FTM-400 & Motorola CDM1250).  I have to have my HT turned up all the way and I can still barely hear the data bursts.  I've tried adjusting through Manager as well as alsa from ssh and I'm not able to get much change.

Here is the output from my showudrc.sh:  https://pastebin.com/raw/krbtCAm8

Basil Gunn

Use deviation guide here:
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/tree/master/deviation

Running measure_deviate.sh will allow you to output a tone so that you
can use alsamixer to change the 'Lo Drive' & 'PCM' alsa controls.

I used the Argent Data 6-pin MiniDIN adapter for the Moto CDM 1250
https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=169
You have to be careful how you plug that into CDM 1250

It looks like you are using the right hand mDin 6 connector. Channel 0
is the left hand mDin6 connector which is the default connector for
using scripts to set up packet.

If you can't get enough volume using the measure_deviate.sh script you
may have a defective DRAWS hat.

The soft temperature limit bit is set in the get_throttled register.
The current temperature, 59C, is fine but at some time your RPi over
heated.

kylemcdonald87@gmail.com writes:

First off thanks for creating such a versatile board!

I've ran through the setup a few times and I'm still having the same
low transmit audio problem. I've tried it with 2 radios (FTM-400 &
Motorola CDM1250). I have to have my HT turned up all the way and I
can still barely hear the data bursts. I've tried adjusting through
Manager as well as alsa from ssh and I'm not able to get much change.

Here is the output from my showudrc.sh: https://pastebin.com/raw/krbtCAm8

@K5LVL

Edited

Hey Basil,

Thanks for replying.  That is the 6-pin MiniDIN adapter that I have.. I even tried my spare with no success.  It's had this issue from the start and I did get frustrated with it and gave up.  Just decided to pick it back up and give it another shot.
I've only ever had it out in the open without a fan.  It does have the heat sinks on it as well.  Luckily I've been on the list for a case which as a built in fan so hopefully that will work after the fact.

What would be the process if I do have a defective DRAWS hat?  It's had this issue from the start and I did get frustrated with it and gave up.  Just decided to pick it back up and give it another shot.

Kyle

Contact sales@... for defective hat support. (Closed until next week.)

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 11:44 AM <kylemcdonald87@...> wrote:

What would be the process if I do have a defective DRAWS hat?  It's had this issue from the start and I did get frustrated with it and gave up.  Just decided to pick it back up and give it another shot.

Kylw

_._,_._,_

Kingston, WA
K7VE