Topics

Tell Us About Your UDRC

What application are you implementing using the UDRC?

Where are you located?

What is the Callsign/Operating Frequency of the station of using the UDRC?

My plan for implementing the UDRC is primarily as a hotspot on my IC7100. I will have to build a cable or purchase the 13 to 6 pin Yaesu cable to utilize my FTM-100 for the hotspot and ax.25 WL2K. Without a Dstar repeater in Fort Myers, FL, I also want to experiment with converting one of the local ARES DR-1X repeaters into a Dstar repeater with access to the reflector system. With successful testing I believe ARES will purchase a couple UDRCs for DR-1X application and for AX.25 packet applications in ARES go boxes.

Thanks

Rich KR4PI

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 8:26 AM, Rich KR4PI <rich.schnieders@...> wrote:

My plan for implementing the UDRC is primarily as a hotspot on my IC7100. I will have to build a cable or purchase the 13 to 6 pin Yaesu cable to utilize my FTM-100 for the hotspot and ax.25 WL2K.

Yaesu CT-164 is the adapter cable for this.

I will be providing some guidance for creating a hotspot soon.  We intend to use the Wiki in the group to document setups.  However, be mindful that setting optimum signal levels for both D-STAR and Packet may be unique to each radio model.  We hope that as people find the right settings for a particular application and a given radio, that they will be shared here. (And included in the Wiki/Database).

Without a Dstar repeater in Fort Myers, FL, I also want to experiment with converting one of the local ARES DR-1X repeaters into a Dstar repeater with access to the reflector system.

That's exactly what the UDRC can do!

We demoed this at Dayton and I have had prototypes running for over a year.  We also demoed the UDRC/Direwolf through a FT-817 with Xastir.

With successful testing I believe ARES will purchase a couple UDRCs for DR-1X application and for AX.25 packet applications in ARES go boxes.

The UDRC works well with the Direwolf modem for packet at either 1200 or 9600 baud.

* Note: Transmit audio is on the left channel instead of the right.

Thanks

Rich KR4PI

Director

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223