Topics

UDRC alsamixer reset?

John

The original UDRC that I have been having trouble with (two new cards are perfect now with one running on a Pi 2 and the other on a Pi 3) has the following error messages in terminal:

pi@compass:~ $ alsamixer

cannot load mixer controls: Input/output error

pi@compass:~ $ curl -L -s  https://goo.gl/7rXUFJ | sudo sh

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Input/output error

pi@compass:~ $ aplay -l

card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]

  Subdevices: 8/8

  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1

  Subdevice #2: subdevice #2

  Subdevice #3: subdevice #3

  Subdevice #4: subdevice #4

  Subdevice #5: subdevice #5

  Subdevice #6: subdevice #6

  Subdevice #7: subdevice #7

card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]

  Subdevices: 1/1

  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

card 1: udrc [udrc], device 0: Universal Digital Radio Controller tlv320aic32x4-hifi-0 []

  Subdevices: 1/1

  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

pi@compass:~ $ curl -L -s https://goo.gl/h04nla | sudo sh

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Input/output error

alsactl: get_control:256: Cannot read control '2,0,0,PCM Playback Volume,0': Input/output error

Any idea how to reset to default or does it appear that there a fault with it?

73, John ZL2TWS

Thomas Redfern

Tom here,

I'm having the same problem with a new UDRC II and a fresh install of compass.  I've added force-turbo=1 to my /boot/config.txt file.  No dice.  I really don't want to re-install and rebuild fldigi et al as an exercise.  I committed no crime and done no wrong, so I'm not confident a re-install will fix anything.  I did the install and prep pretty much by the book.  No re-config of the pi, etc.

Does anyone have any new information on this?

Any help would be appreciated.

-- Lost.  Tom W7EZT.

Corky Searls

Unfortunately, I do not have your reference message.  If you can please provide a description of "the same problem" It will help me with the troubleshooting.

Thanks,
-Corky

On Feb 23, 2017, at 12:02 PM, thos@... wrote:

Tom here,

I'm having the same problem with a new UDRC II and a fresh install of compass.  I've added force-turbo=1 to my /boot/config.txt file.  No dice.  I really don't want to re-install and rebuild fldigi et al as an exercise.  I committed no crime and done no wrong, so I'm not confident a re-install will fix anything.  I did the install and prep pretty much by the book.  No re-config of the pi, etc.

Does anyone have any new information on this?

Any help would be appreciated.

-- Lost.  Tom W7EZT.

Thomas Redfern

Corkey,

Thank you for the reply.

I thought I was replying on the list to a guy who had the same problem, but I guess I was supposed to have highlighted the part I was replying to. Oh well.

I had a complete install with fldigi built and running. No sound card.

In a nutshell, I have now created a complete new install without any addition or anything to do with fldigi and the same problem remains.

I have modified /boot/config.txt

# Enable audio (loads snd_bcm2835)
dtparam=audio=on
force_turbo=1

and rebooted the system (many times).

I have commented out the line: "dtparam=audio=on" to no avail, btw.

This is as it should be (?):

******************************

I do:

$ aplay -l

And get:

card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
Subdevices: 8/8
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
Subdevice #7: subdevice #7
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: udrc [udrc], device 0: Universal Digital Radio Controller tlv320aic32x4-hifi-0 []
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I downloaded the script set-udrc-din6.sh

I exeted it with bash arg "-v" :

$ sudo ./set-udrc-din6.sh (that script that's supposed to set up the

I get:

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Input/output error
alsactl store
alsactl: state_lock:114: file /var/lib/alsa/asound.state lock error: File exists
alsactl: state_lock:114: file /var/lib/alsa/asound.state unlock error: File exists

For some reason, compass linux install is simply not allowing me to modify any perameters claiming "asound.state file exists when it does not. There is nothing in the directory /var/lib/alsa... I'm looking for someone who is familiar with why this.

At this point, I'm beginning to think I may have a bad card. I'm sure everyone thinks that though :-)

I'll do a better job and re-post it.

That was my first post and a bit of a failure, I'm afraid.

Thank you.

--
Tom Redfern, W7EZT
site: www.nwmorse.net