Topics

[udrc] #draws Aluminum Case #draws

August Johnson

I bought an early adopter DRAWS many months ago, paid for the early-adopter AL case at beginning of May, still don't have any word on the case. Anything??? You got my money!

August KG7BZ

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 11:03 AM Joe Wisecaver <kg7ypb@...> wrote:
I totally agree with others in this thread. We've waited months for a case being promised a discount when they were available. Now pushed aside to another company without the product we have been patiently waiting for. Wrong way to keep your customers satisfied.

Joe Wisecaver KG7YPB

Hello August,

We will have an update on cases this week, Including changes to accommodate the new Pi4.

Yes we have your $15, which is of course refundable.

73
Bryan K7UDR

August Johnson

I want the case, was told it would be shipped in late May.

August KG7BZ

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 10:19 AM Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:
Hello August,

We will have an update on cases this week, Including changes to accommodate  the new Pi4.

Yes we have your $15, which is of course refundable.

73
Bryan K7UDR

Chris Metcalf

> We will have an update on cases this week, Including changes to accommodate  the new Pi4.

If we have a case on backorder (ordered mine a couple months ago) will we be receiving the Pi4-compatible cases or the old Pi3 case?

FWIW, at this point I'd rather have the DRAWS board in hand and I can wait on the case if I have to. I won't have my Pi4 until July anyway.

- Chris

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 10:19 AM Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:
Hello August,

We will have an update on cases this week, Including changes to accommodate  the new Pi4.

Yes we have your $15, which is of course refundable.

73
Bryan K7UDR

Dave N2OA

You can't expect them to create another early adopter case for the Pi 4. My understanding is that a discount was offered to early adopters and you took the risk knowing that there could be issues. If not being able to use the aluminum case and the Pi 4 with the early adopter board is the biggest issue, I'm fine with that, after all it didn't exist when these things were designed. If it turns out there is a defect in the board that causes it to stop working tomorrow, that would be a bummer but I also knew there was that risk and I'd be glad that I helped iron out any issues.

I own two DRAWS boards and have two cases on order. I bought them knowing that anything could happen but I wanted to experiment with something new that I believe has potential. That is the Amateur spirit, isn't it?

Dave
N2OA

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 2:22 PM Chris Metcalf <chris@...> wrote:
> We will have an update on cases this week, Including changes to accommodate  the new Pi4.

If we have a case on backorder (ordered mine a couple months ago) will we be receiving the Pi4-compatible cases or the old Pi3 case?

FWIW, at this point I'd rather have the DRAWS board in hand and I can wait on the case if I have to. I won't have my Pi4 until July anyway.

- Chris

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 10:19 AM Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:
Hello August,

We will have an update on cases this week, Including changes to accommodate  the new Pi4.

Yes we have your $15, which is of course refundable.

73
Bryan K7UDR

Due to production delays, we will attempt to make both the early-adopter and production cases Pi 3-4 compatible.

We should have an update this week.

73
Bryan K7UDR

Keating Floyd

You are all really amazing - thank you, for so much attention to all the moving parts!

Keating
KC4HSI

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 9:05 PM Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:
Due to production delays, we will attempt to make both the early-adopter and production cases Pi 3-4 compatible.

We should have an update this week.

73
Bryan K7UDR

Chris Metcalf

Awesome, that is great news!

--
Chris Metcalf

From: Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...>
Reply: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>
Date: June 24, 2019 at 16:05:24
To: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>
Subject:  Re: [draws and udrc] [udrc] #draws Aluminum Case

Due to production delays, we will attempt to make both the early-adopter and production cases Pi 3-4 compatible.

We should have an update this week.

73
Bryan K7UDR

Stephan DG1BGS

Hi all,
Are there any news when the early adopter case will be shipped out to the customers. I still haven't received mine.

vy 73 & 55 de Stephan 9V1LH / DG1BGS

Am 25.06.2019 um 01:14 schrieb August Johnson:

I bought an early adopter DRAWS many months ago, paid for the early-adopter AL case at beginning of May, still don't have any word on the case. Anything??? You got my money!

August KG7BZ

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 11:03 AM Joe Wisecaver <kg7ypb@...> wrote:
I totally agree with others in this thread. We've waited months for a case being promised a discount when they were available. Now pushed aside to another company without the product we have been patiently waiting for. Wrong way to keep your customers satisfied.

Joe Wisecaver KG7YPB

As per our blog post, the cases are being redesigned to accommodate Pi3 and 4. We will post on the blog when we have a date.

73
Bryan K7UDR

On Aug 11, 2019, at 11:26 PM, Stephan DG1BGS <stephan.grensemann@...> wrote:

Hi all,
Are there any news when the early adopter case will be shipped out to the customers. I still haven't received mine.

vy 73 & 55 de Stephan 9V1LH / DG1BGS

Am 25.06.2019 um 01:14 schrieb August Johnson:
I bought an early adopter DRAWS many months ago, paid for the early-adopter AL case at beginning of May, still don't have any word on the case. Anything??? You got my money!

August KG7BZ

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 11:03 AM Joe Wisecaver <kg7ypb@...> wrote:
I totally agree with others in this thread. We've waited months for a case being promised a discount when they were available. Now pushed aside to another company without the product we have been patiently waiting for. Wrong way to keep your customers satisfied.

Joe Wisecaver KG7YPB

Stephan DG1BGS

Thank you for the information, Bryan. Seems I missed the blog post.

Am 13.08.2019 um 02:15 schrieb Bryan Hoyer:

[...]

Tim Huffaker

I really hope I can get the discounted early adopters case I ordered last April. Or it would be nice to know if we will ever get the case. I wanted for its emi shielding and power port. Cases for these boards are limited.

Thank you,
Tim KM4ESU

okiejim

I also have been waiting for mine for the same reason. My hat is just sitting not in use until I get the case. Sure do hope we get an update soon. And it would be nice to know they know I paid for one along time ago.

73's
kd6vpe

Chris - KC9AD

If it’s any encouragement, many of run our systems without a case initially. Getting it running is part of the fun. To me, it’s simply magical to attach a keyboard, mouse, and monitor to that tiny system and see it come to life. And Ethernet, and VNC! 73.

Chris Doutre KC9AD

I also have been waiting for mine for the same reason. My hat is just sitting not in use until I get the case. Sure do hope we get an update soon. And it would be nice to know they know I paid for one along time ago.

73's
kd6vpe

Sam Wash

I’m in the same boat!