Topics

UDRC port forwarding

Bob Stille

John,

I have set up the DR-1X repeater with the UDRC controller in our community.  I wish to access the controller over the internet.  The ISP is the local cable company and they want to know what ports need to be forwarded to access the UDRC/Raspberry Pi through their router.

Thanks,

Bob     KC8MLB

In addition to the info at https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/wiki/Configuring-ircDDBgateway#Setup-Port-Forwarding

You will want to map a port for ssh and remote control. You pick the ports and configure accordingly. 

On Aug 4, 2017 16:36, "Bob Stille" <kc8mlb@...> wrote:

John,

I have set up the DR-1X repeater with the UDRC controller in our community.  I wish to access the controller over the internet.  The ISP is the local cable company and they want to know what ports need to be forwarded to access the UDRC/Raspberry Pi through their router.

Thanks,

Bob     KC8MLB

Bob Stille

For a wired connection between the UDRC/Pi controller in the repeater rack and the network switch, should shielded cable be used or is unshielded CAT5 sufficient?

Thanks,

Bob

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, August 4, 2017 7:44 PM
To: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [udrc] UDRC port forwarding

In addition to the info at https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/wiki/Configuring-ircDDBgateway#Setup-Port-Forwarding

You will want to map a port for ssh and remote control. You pick the ports and configure accordingly. 

John,

Thanks,

Bob     KC8MLB

W2TLJ

Cat 5 is rated up to 100 Mbps and is more than adequate.

On Aug 31, 2017 11:03 AM, "Bob Stille" <kc8mlb@...> wrote:

For a wired connection between the UDRC/Pi controller in the repeater rack and the network switch, should shielded cable be used or is unshielded CAT5 sufficient?

Thanks,

Bob

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, August 4, 2017 7:44 PM
To: udrc@....io
Subject: Re: [udrc] UDRC port forwarding

John,

Thanks,

Bob     KC8MLB