Topics

Unable to install FLDigi

Eric Coulombe

Hi, i'm trying to install fldigi on a RPi3, new image of compass linux, updated.

with the command "sudo apt-get install portaudio19-dev" i get the following message

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 portaudio19-dev : Depends: libasound2-dev but it is not going to be installed

Somebody can point me to a solution...?
(my UDRC-II works with Direwolf, so I'm pretty sure it's not the board)

Thanks!
Eric - VA2EC

Steve Sampson

Your error message says it depends on  libasound2-dev so maybe try installing that first.

According to the UDRC docs it's:

sudo apt-get install libfltk1.3-dev
sudo apt-get install libsamplerate0-dev
sudo apt-get install portaudio19-dev

Maybe try that order first.

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 6:29 AM, Eric Coulombe <eric.coulombe@...> wrote:
Hi, i'm trying to install fldigi on a RPi3, new image of compass linux, updated.

with the command "sudo apt-get install portaudio19-dev" i get the following message

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 portaudio19-dev : Depends: libasound2-dev but it is not going to be installed

Somebody can point me to a solution...?
(my UDRC-II works with Direwolf, so I'm pretty sure it's not the board)

Thanks!
Eric - VA2EC

Eric Coulombe

Thanks, but I have installed everyting accordingly to the wiki.

Finally I installed every dependency manually (libasound2-data --> libasound2 --> libasound2-dev and then portaudio19-dev)

./configure  --with-portaudio  works OK

but... make     ...didn't

./include/play.pa.h:18:21: fatal error: sndfile.h: No such file or directory
 #include <sndfile.h>
                     ^
compilation terminated.

Anyone can help me (again)

--
Eric VA2EC

Steve Sampson

Maybe:

sudo apt-get install libsndfile1-dev
sudo ldconfig

ynotssor@...

On 07/22/2017 06:47 PM, Eric Coulombe wrote:
Thanks, but I have installed everyting accordingly to the wiki.

Finally I installed every dependency manually (libasound2-data --> libasound2 --> libasound2-dev and then portaudio19-dev)

./configure --with-portaudio works OK

but... make ...didn't

./include/play.pa.h:18:21: fatal error: sndfile.h: No such file or directory
#include <sndfile.h>
^
compilation terminated.

Anyone can help me (again)
You don't state your OS, but I'll assume a Debian Linux variant. If so, then please install the "apt-file" package and keep your distribution updated, as such compile historical "dependency hell"s can be more readily accommodated (libsndfile1-dev appears to be more satisfying here):

$ apt-file search sndfile.h
efl-doc: /usr/share/doc/efl-doc/html/group__ecore__audio__obj__in__sndfile.html
efl-doc: /usr/share/doc/efl-doc/html/group__ecore__audio__obj__out__sndfile.html
gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-doc: /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/gst-plugins-bad-plugins-0.10/gst-plugins-bad-plugins-plugin-sndfile.html
libaubio-dev: /usr/include/aubio/io/sink_sndfile.h
libaubio-dev: /usr/include/aubio/io/source_sndfile.h
libecore-dev: /usr/include/ecore-audio-1/ecore_audio_obj_in_sndfile.h
libecore-dev: /usr/include/ecore-audio-1/ecore_audio_obj_out_sndfile.h
libmodplug-dev: /usr/include/libmodplug/sndfile.h
libsndfile1-dev: /usr/include/sndfile.h
libsndfile1-dev: /usr/include/sndfile.hh

Eric Coulombe

It works! Thank you Steve!

Can somebody add this to the wiki?