Uses/Pin-Out of the Accessory Port #documentation


Steve
 

What are the use(s) and Pin-Out of the Accessory Port?

Thanks!
--

73

Steve
K9ZW

Blog:  http://k9zw.wordpress.com


Basil Gunn
 


 

Hi Steve,

Pinout is posted in the files section:


When we finished DRAWS, I Looked at the layout and had enough room left for an 8pin Header. Seemed reasonable to bring out assets that DRAWS wasn’t using. Things that I have seen used.

+5V and Ground for a Fan

External shutdown via I/O
Analog Temp Sensor
Propane Tank monitor Sends APRS message when the Tank <20%
CI-V ;requires external circuitry
Serial Port; 3.3v requires level converter for RS-232

*** Spoiler Alert ***

We also have in the works, an expansion breadboard PCB to be announced later this month.

73,
Bryan K7UDR
NW Digital Radio



On Apr 5, 2021, at 6:51 AM, Steve via groups.io <k9zw@...> wrote:

What are the use(s) and Pin-Out of the Accessory Port?

Thanks!
--

73

Steve
K9ZW

Blog:  http://k9zw.wordpress.com


 


 Things that I have seen used.

+5V and Ground for a Fan

CI-V ;requires external circuitry
Serial Port; 3.3v requires level converter for RS-232

*** Spoiler Alert ***

We also have in the works, an expansion breadboard PCB to be announced later this month.

Cl-V yay!  I'll take one.  Is the website back up yet?


 

Bill,

It’s a breadboard where you supply the circuitry. I’d like to work with you to build up a “reference design"

73,
Bryan K7UDR
NW Digital Radio



On Apr 5, 2021, at 9:10 AM, Bill Vodall <wa7nwp@...> wrote:


 Things that I have seen used.

+5V and Ground for a Fan

CI-V ;requires external circuitry
Serial Port; 3.3v requires level converter for RS-232

*** Spoiler Alert ***

We also have in the works, an expansion breadboard PCB to be announced later this month.

Cl-V yay!  I'll take one.  Is the website back up yet?





Lee Alder KK4SXX
 

me too 
KK4SXX  I have an older Icom 735 wth CV-I control

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 11:14 AM Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:
Bill,

It’s a breadboard where you supply the circuitry. I’d like to work with you to build up a “reference design"

73,
Bryan K7UDR
NW Digital Radio



On Apr 5, 2021, at 9:10 AM, Bill Vodall <wa7nwp@...> wrote:


 Things that I have seen used.

+5V and Ground for a Fan

CI-V ;requires external circuitry
Serial Port; 3.3v requires level converter for RS-232

*** Spoiler Alert ***

We also have in the works, an expansion breadboard PCB to be announced later this month.

Cl-V yay!  I'll take one.  Is the website back up yet?





okiejim
 

I'm curious about the propane monitor. I have a mopeka system installed the aprs part would be helpful. Curiosity has me very interested. Are you using a receiver or a hack of and existing receiver?

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 9:40 AM Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:
Hi Steve,

Pinout is posted in the files section:


When we finished DRAWS, I Looked at the layout and had enough room left for an 8pin Header. Seemed reasonable to bring out assets that DRAWS wasn’t using. Things that I have seen used.

+5V and Ground for a Fan

External shutdown via I/O
Analog Temp Sensor
Propane Tank monitor Sends APRS message when the Tank <20%
CI-V ;requires external circuitry
Serial Port; 3.3v requires level converter for RS-232

*** Spoiler Alert ***

We also have in the works, an expansion breadboard PCB to be announced later this month.

73,
Bryan K7UDR
NW Digital Radio



On Apr 5, 2021, at 6:51 AM, Steve via groups.io <k9zw@...> wrote:

What are the use(s) and Pin-Out of the Accessory Port?

Thanks!
--

73

Steve
K9ZW

Blog:  http://k9zw.wordpress.com


 


It’s a breadboard where you supply the circuitry. I’d like to work with you to build up a circuit

Will do.  I was thinking a v71 would work well with a Draws unit.  Since the good Kenwood radios are now unavailable I've reconsidered and am thinking how the Draws will work great with an ICOM all mode satellite rig.  This will be even more fun with CI-V working.

Bill



On Apr 5, 2021, at 9:10 AM, Bill Vodall <wa7nwp@...> wrote:


 Things that I have seen used.

+5V and Ground for a Fan

CI-V ;requires external circuitry
Serial Port; 3.3v requires level converter for RS-232

*** Spoiler Alert ***

We also have in the works, an expansion breadboard PCB to be announced later this month.

Cl-V yay!  I'll take one.  Is the website back up yet?