Topics

What is the 8-pin connector for on the DRAWS hat?

Andrew P.

Greetings.

I was just wondering what the 8-pin Berg socket on the DRAWS hat is for. I can't figure out where it is on the schematic.

I was disappointed to find that the GPS receiver chip doesn't have a 10MHz reference output (to go with the 1PPS output it does have), but that would be a bit much for a consumer-price GPS IC. But I had hoped that would have been on the Berg connector.

Andrew, KA2DDO

Basil Gunn

I was just wondering what the 8-pin Berg socket on the DRAWS hat is
for. I can't figure out where it is on the schematic.
DRAWS 8 Pin Auxiliary Connector
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/docs/DRAWS_AUX_PORT.md

On the schematic 8-pin connector is designated SHDR-8 in grid 4A
https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/files/DRAWSTech.pdf