Topics

which instance of 'direwolf.conf' should I be using?

Charlie Hein

I'm working on getting direwolf to run, and I find a bunch of instances of the file in various places - none of which is in /home/pi - which one is the one that I should be using?

Charlie

Basil Gunn

Charlie Hein <chein@...> writes:

I'm working on getting direwolf to run, and I find a bunch of
instances of the file in various places - none of which is in /home/pi
- which one is the one that I should be using?
On the NWDR image direwolf is pre-installed and the binary lives here:
$ which direwolf
/usr/local/bin/direwolf

The config file lives here:
$ ls /etc/direwolf.conf
/etc/direwolf.conf

Please read the Getting Started Guide in the groups.io udrc wiki:
https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/wiki/8921

After you have run the core config (./app_config.sh core)
You start & stop direwolf with the ax-25 commands

ax25-stop
ax25-start
ax25-status

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? That is, why do you think you
need to edit the direwolf config file?

/Basil

Charlie Hein

Hi Basil - I've been told that I need to configure the Pi to NOT use the radio ports on the DRAWS card, but instead use the USB connection to connect to my FT-991A's internal sound card.  I've sorted out the new ttyUSBx ports and the CODEC audio card that lives on this connection and I'm manually putting it into the .conf file to connect to the radio in lieu of how the config script set things up.

Charlie

Basil Gunn

I've been told that I need to configure the Pi to NOT use
the radio ports on the DRAWS card, but instead use the USB connection
to connect to my FT-991A's internal sound card.

I've sorted out the new ttyUSBx ports and the CODEC audio card that
lives on this connection and I'm manually putting it into the .conf
file to connect to the radio in lieu of how the config script set
things up.
OK. Good luck.
I assume you found the direwolf config file here: /etc/direwolf.conf

Charlie Hein

Yes, I all set - now we see if it actually runs!

Charlie