Topics

Wiki Started

Edited

VE3MIC

Hi John,

Just a clarification:

On the UDRC DR-1x Setup Page, ->Starting dstarrepeater, it is suggested to  to use CTCSS on RX/TX in analog. I assume this applies only when running dstarrepeater Serial Config choice options 2, or 3, since in Fixed FM mode the repeater would never hear incoming D-STAR signals (due to the lack of CTCSS). In this case, there is no way to mask the GMSK signal for analogue users. One more reason that all DR-1x operators should be upgrading to V1.1x I suppose.

Thanks.

-Mike

The CTCSS is so that end users can block hearing modem tones from C4FM or GMSK. The UDRC modem ignores all but GMSK.