Topics

X11 forwarding

Paul Johnson

Just an info note.  I found fldigi GUI response very poor to almost
a "locked up" response when I was running it remotely via a ssh
connection.  I changed the encryption algorithm on my command line
login and now get a real time response from the GUI.  This was with
a Pi 3B+ with DRAWS hat over a wireless connection.

ssh -XC -c aes128-ctr user@IPaddress

Paul VE7DHM

I find the built in VNC to be pretty efficient and better than X11

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 11:26 AM Paul Johnson <ve7dhm@...> wrote:
Just an info note.  I found fldigi GUI response very poor to almost
a "locked up" response when I was running it remotely via a ssh
connection.  I changed the encryption algorithm on my command line
login and now get a real time response from the GUI.  This was with
a Pi 3B+ with DRAWS hat over a wireless connection.

ssh -XC -c aes128-ctr user@IPaddress

Paul VE7DHM

Kingston, WA
K7VE