Topics

Xiegu G90: General Setup, I/Q panadapter setup via second input

Chris Metcalf

I recently added a Xiegu G90 to my "shack" and I want to set it up with my DRAWS hat. I believe I've figured out the right way to connect it up, currently via the CE-19 adapter board, but I'll probably switch to a direct connection to its 8 pin port soon.

Questions:
- Any advice on configuration and levels to start with? I haven't found a setup script for the G90 in the GitHub repository yet.
- What about CAT setup? I'm currently using the IC-7000 profile in wsjt-x but its somewhat unstable.
- Once I get the basic setup done, I wanted to try getting the I/Q output set up as a panadapter - can I wire that in to the two input pins on the second DIN port to get a stereo input?

Thanks,
Chris
K1NOT

Basil Gunn

- Any advice on configuration and levels to start with? I haven't found a
setup script for the G90 in the GitHub repository yet.
You are setting deviation so focus on ALSA PCM & LO Driver Gain knobs.
Read this:
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/tree/master/deviation
and this:
https://www.febo.com/packet/layer-one/transmit.html

Look in your radio manual for transmit data input (PKD) sensitivity and input
impedance.
Use John's web based draws-manager to determine the correct ALSA levels.

Search groups.io udrc messages ie.
https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/search?q=draws-manager

/Basil n7nix