Topics

YAAC beacons #configuration

Tim Huffaker

I am running the latest release with YACC.  I am receiving packets from APRS beacons but I cannot beacon. YAAC is sending out beacons but the radio does not transmitting. It appears YAAC is working correctly but it is looking like direwolf is not keying the radio. How does the DRAWs board key the radio?  Can direwolf keep YAAC from beaconing?

Tim KM4ESU

Basil Gunn

If you used the install scripts then Direwolf will be set up correctly.
Left mDin6 connector, channel 0, uses GPIO 12 for PTT
Right mDin6 connector, channel 1, uses GPIO 23 for PTT

Direwolf counts their channels from 0 (ports 0,1), Xastir counts their
channels from 1 (ports 1,2). Not sure how YACC counts their channels.

If you continue to have problems I suggest you use the
measure_deviate.sh script in directory n7nix/deviation to easily
transmit a tone out each channel.
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/tree/master/deviation

If you want to test sending a beacon use the btest.sh script in
n7nix/debug

~/n7nix/debug $ ./btest.sh -h
*** Running as user: pi ***
Usage: btest.sh [-P <port>][-s <num>][-p][-m][-v][-h]
-P <portname> | --portname <portname> eg. udr0
-s <num> | --sid <num> set sid in callsign, number 0-15
-p | --position send a position beacon
-m | --message send a message beacon (default)
-v | --verbose display verbose messages
-h | --help display this message

/Basil

Tim Huffaker <thuffaker@...> writes:

I am running the latest release with YACC. I am receiving packets from
APRS beacons but I cannot beacon. YAAC is sending out beacons but the
radio does not transmitting. It appears YAAC is working correctly but
it is looking like direwolf is not keying the radio. How does the
DRAWs board key the radio? Can direwolf keep YAAC from beaconing?

Tim KM4ESU

Tim Huffaker

Hi Basil, I can beacon from the btest script.  I will check the ports as you described to see if I have that wrong. I wonder if I had the ports wrong if I could still receive.

I still think something is disabled in direwolf at this point, but it may be the ports.

Thank you for letting me know about the deviation script.  I may run that anyway to check out the DRAWs.

Thank you,
Tim

Part of your debugging should be to watch the log file to see what direwolf claims is happening.  In a terminal

tail -f /var/log/direwolf/direwolf.log

On Sun, May 5, 2019, 08:18 Tim Huffaker <thuffaker@...> wrote:
Hi Basil, I can beacon from the btest script.  I will check the ports as you described to see if I have that wrong. I wonder if I had the ports wrong if I could still receive.

I still think something is disabled in direwolf at this point, but it may be the ports.

Thank you for letting me know about the deviation script.  I may run that anyway to check out the DRAWs.

Thank you,
Tim

Tim Huffaker

Thank you John I will look there.

Tim Huffaker

Now with YAAC I can transmit on one draws port and receive on the other port. I’m not sure how to make both work on one port.
Tim KM4ESU

Tim Huffaker

It’s now fixed.